GENERAL FUNCTION: A sales position with a primary focus on sales development and relationship building through the promotion of deposits, loans, fee-based services and the retention of customers. Responsible for selling a full range of banking products and services to existing and prospective customers while providing specialized customer care. Utilize and promote the Retail Sales and Service process, using the prescribed tools and interacting with the Customer/Financial Service Representatives for referral activity. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: * Sales/Goals Function: o Consistently meet or exceed sales goals for loans, deposits, and fee income, as set by management. o Handle the commercial loan process, as prescribed within the financial center environment, by establishing the relationship, determining business needs, making recommendations for those applications passed to the appropriate loan officer and maintaining relationship as appropriate. o Oversee the complete consumer loan process following approved guidelines. o Consistently meet or exceed brokerage sales/referral goals as set by management; and achieve goal in annualized revenue to retain (i) designation. o Maintain a well-developed working knowledge of the complete line of products and services offered, taking responsibility to keep up to date and request assistance for further development needs. o Promote company products and services by regularly soliciting internal customers for expanded business and referrals, to assist in the continuing growth of the office and company. o Initiate and maintain customer contact through a variety of methods, including but not limited to customer interaction on the line and platform, telemarketing, and attending various seminars and community events. o Maintain the sales environment, and actively participate in regular sales and office staff meetings, the execution of sales contests, monthly Blitzes and other motivational activities. o Actively participate in the telemarketing process within the financial center, utilizing the marketing resources and other various tools. o Establish close relationships with assigned business partners, such as Mortgage, Business Banking Officers and Brokerage Representatives to ensure that established goals for each business line is met. o Provide guidance to the Customer/Financial Service Representatives in the referral/sales process. * Customer Service: o Provide a customer experience that is consistent across all customer touch points, is among the leaders in the financial services industry in terms of customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention and provides a differentiated experience from other providers in the market place. o Promote excellent customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times, providing professional resolution of problems/issues. o Establish a relationship with the customer base of the financial center through knowledge of account ownership, greeting customers by name, and exhibiting an attitude of caring. * Bank Operations: o Open and maintain full range of retail accounts and services. o Keep up to date on the security controls in place to protect the office against criminal and fraudulent activities and unnecessary risk and exposure. o May need to handle opening and/or closing procedures as a member of the platform staff. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- College degree or three to five years work experience providing transferrable skills, or, combination of education and experience. Experience in financial industry strongly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to develop comfort level with cold calling sales and/or the ability to cross sell to established customers.
- Ability to pass lending test requirements to achieve appropriate level of lending authority.
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of advanced math functions that will allow for analysis of credit and financial information.
- Must present a professional demeanor.
- An advanced level of written and oral communication skills must be demonstrated.
- Must demonstrate the ability to develop a strong working knowledge of knowledge of retail policies and procedures in order to utilize good judgment in making sound decisions.
- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
Fifth Third Bank - 2 years ago