The Retail Merchandiser will represent and be part of the merchandising team of the largest third-party gift card distributor of the country.
Generally work is performed Monday-Friday with occasional weekends. Potential night and overnight work for certain territories.
Maintaining on-floor stock levels of gift cards and merchandising standards;performing resets; placing point of purchase (POP) materials and price signage; and collecting and reporting detailed product and stock level information. The Merchandising Specialist will work closely with retail associates and managers, informing them of new product releases and promotions. The ability to build relationships and maintain strong partnerships with store personnel is key in achieving the goals of this program.
About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network is a leading provider of prepaid and financial payments products for consumers and businesses. The company’s Gift Card Mall™ offers the industry’s most popular prepaid gift card and telecom products. Gift Card Mall reaches more than 165 million people each week through an exclusive network of leading grocery, big box, convenience, drug, and specialty stores and is available through Internet retailers including GiftCardMall.com. Blackhawk Network’s business solutions include reward and incentive programs that offer choice and flexibility through a wide array of card brands and custom designed Visa and MasterCard fulfillment options.
Headquartered in Pleasanton, California, Blackhawk Network Inc. has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Japan, Mexico and the United Kingdom. For more information about Blackhawk Network visit www.blackhawknetwork.com and www.giftcardmall.com
- Complete of all assigned projects within designated territory
- Complete all assigned work within published deadlines
- Ensure all objectives are met and reporting is accurate
- Provide detailed comments on any obstacles and challenges
- Any urgent issues must be addressed with the District Manager immediately
- Provide pictures of completed work and signatures from managers who approved (via tablet)
- Weekly hours average 15 with some weeks going higher due to heavy reset times or during season peaks
- Build and develop strong relationships/partnerships with Retail Store Management at each account
- Complete all types of merchandising activities
- Installs (set and build)
- Resets (read and understand Plan-o-grams)
- New item Cut-ins
- Signage Placement
- Conduct inventories and process returns
- Cover stores outside of designated territory on as needed basis and/or vacation coverage
- Ability to use web portal reporting systems from home computer and wireless tablet
Work Requirements/Physical Demands
- 2 years’ relevant experience preferably in retail and /or merchandising
- Proficient Technical skills (web-based operational portals, Microsoft Office, computer tablets) preferred
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work in fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to succeed, be pro-active and ability to overcome obstacles
Blackhawk Network, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Blackhawk Network, Inc. believes that diversity leads to strength.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role, including moving fixtures, bending, stooping and lifting up to 30 lbs
- Must own home computer with internet access and printer capabilities
- Ability to travel through assigned territory to service accounts
- Reliable Car (Car allowance provided)
Blackhawk Network - 17 days ago