Position based in the Midwest.
This position oversees the direction of retail broker/contractor resources and set/surge projects within assigned territory. This position will also represent the company and ensure company sales and marketing objectives are attained in assigned accounts/segments. Success is achieved through the effective utilization of broker/contractor resources and successful business building/selling skills. Primary role will be to develop solid working relationships with the decision makers within assigned geopraphy.
1. Broker Management . Oversee the effectiveness of retail broker network and set/surge projects through team leadership. Accountable for overall execution of retail broker and set/surge objectives. Evaluate broker performance; assist with sales calls, provide selling tools, audit, and educate and train broker sales force on Malt-O-Meal products.
2. Account Calls, Relationships, and Service. Call on key Walmart operation managers including: sales/product presentations, develop promotional/marketing programs, follow through to ensure desired results are achieved.
3. Strategy & Innovation. Provide “street” intelligence to the Merchandising Manager and Team Leader to develop world class merchandising initiatives including the use of technology and other concepts to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
4. Sales Planning & Administration . Must ensure an accurate and timely flow of critical information regarding the company and the customer. Effectively manage budgeted broker and promotional funds for assigned accounts and markets – including the receipt of contracts and proof of performance. Prepare objectives for each broker including merchandising activities, displays, shelf management objectives, and shelf share objectives. Ensure broker implementation of promotions. Maintain knowledge of Malt-O-Meal business trends in each market: promotions, industry/market conditions, competitive activities, etc. Active participation with Regional/Key Account Sales Managers and marketing department in preparing sales forecasts, new products, and merchandising concepts. Prepare reports: monthly sales updates, recap of sales promotions, annual objectives.
Education: 4-year college degree preferred.
Experience: 1 - 3 years grocery and food broker management experience a prerequisite.
Travel : 50 – 60% travel required.
Skills: Broker management and supervisory skills: hire, train, coach, review, motivate, reward, develop, and plan. Must possess excellent business skills, including planning, analysis, strategic thinking, and leadership. Must be self-motivated; ability to plan and organize to maximize time with brokers; must be able to communicate well with people; must possess entrepreneurial characteristics.
Internal : Primary contact with Director of Retail - Walmart to implement sales strategy; resolve problems; on-going contact with all members of the Walmart sales, marketing and supply chain teams.
External : Works with brokers to create effective merchandising displays of Malt-O-Meal products. Works with broker to direct, train, and motivate broker representatives, contact with customers to make sales presentations, introduce new products, promote and merchandise our products. Direct interaction with Walmart Operations group to maximize DRS placement and gain everyday shelf space.
1) Must manage and direct brokers to improve sales of Malt-O-Meal products; coaches and evaluates brokers, produces suggestions, seeks new opportunities. Develops specialized marketing programs for assigned brokers, accounts and markets.
2) Develop and service Walmart store in the Midwest.
3) Serve as liaison between all Malt-O-Meal, Broker and Walmart personnel.
Work Structure: Works under the limited direction of the Walmart Director of Retail. Incumbent organizes own work to accomplish predetermined objectives.
Responsibilities: Responsible for assuring that assigned objectives are accomplished through broker network. Manages brokers in areas of marketing, sales and merchandising, and has impact on current and future sales. Manages Walmart Operations contacts, which has a significant impact on current and future sales.
Post Consumer Brands
- 2 years ago - save job
Post Consumer Brands is the newly formed branded CPG division of Post Holdings. Today, the primary business category is cereal, comprised of...