The Retail Product Manager/Business Analyst will perform analysis, and provide direction, guidance and judgment for new project and initiatives in support of the Retail Operations team. This role will serve as a liaison between J. Crew’s Retail business team and Information Technology. The position requires an understanding of Retail operations concepts from in store processes and technology enablement to corporate functions in support of the retail channel. A strong understanding of brick and mortar retail operations is required and exposure to cross channel retailing is strongly preferred.
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Quickly identifies and understands business issues and opportunities
- Assists business partners in identifying and prioritizing new capabilities
- Identifies system, process, and organizational strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Defines and documents project scope, business requirements, software specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Defines business Use Cases and associated high level test scenarios
- Develops functional specifications and system design specifications for new capabilities.
- Identify, define and deliver user training
- Monitor and understand leading practices and industry trends and make recommendations to business partners as appropriate
- Work with business partners to define the vision for future state capabilities (processes/technology/organization)
- Work with business and IT leadership to develop the strategy to achieve the vision
- Translate the strategy into projects and programs on the IT Strategic Roadmap
Technical Recommendation and Testing
- Works with business partners to identify and manage required changes.
- Communicates needed changes to development team.
- Assists in the creation of project estimates
- Participates in QA testing efforts
- Leads User Acceptance Testing efforts
- Understand and assist in the creation of project business cases
- Assists PMs in management of project deadlines and schedules.
- Communicates and applies project standards.
- Manages deliverables and business partner participation in accordance with project schedule.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to the business.
- Understands the drivers of running an on time and on budget project.
- Leads project team and business requirement/scoping meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized scope documents and business requirements.
- Understands how to communicate effectively with both business partners and the development team.
- Organizes meetings and deliverables to make the most efficient use of business partner and development team members’ time.
- Possesses strong understanding of application development and system design.
- Understands system limitations and boundaries and applies these in solution definition.
- Identifies which components of a new capability are best defined as process or system based
- Identifies and addresses critical issues with ease.
- Identifies the right person(s) to provide the solution to critical issues
- Manages and coordinates varying points of view to solve a problem
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
Eucation & Experience:
o Relevant Retail Operations experience (business and/or project)
o Experience with POS software and hardware is required (multi-channel solutions a plus)
o Experience with retail clientele solutions is required
o 3-5 years of experience in a business analysis role
o Retail (specifically soft lines) experience a plus
o BA or BS in related Retail or Technical competency
o Business Analyst or Project Management Professional Certifications a plus
Skills & Abilities:
o Effective communication - communicates effectively and at the right level based on the audience
o Problem Solving - Defines business solutions with a diverse set of input for problems that may not be clearly defined
o C Cross Functional Coordination - Coordinates input and participation from diverse set of business stakeholders
o Business Relationships - Grows and strengthens relationships with business partners
o Professional Growth – Continuously seeks opportunities to expand area of expertise
If you are interested in applying to this job listing, please click on the link below:
J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South Street...