To make a positive contribution and measurably impact the sales of Corporate Brand products in an assigned group of stores. Support division's merchandising efforts in a manner consistent with Kroger's Corporate Brand Mission and P.L. Marketing, Inc.
Essential Job Functions:
* Provide customer assistance and have a working knowledge of Kroger's Customer 1st Strategy.
* Drive Corporate Brand sales in assigned stores.
* Insure store distribution is at 100% of authorized items and all items are properly tagged.
* Demonstrate strong merchandising skills and the ability to read and implement plan-o-grams.
* Enhance store execution of sales and display plans.
* Consistently check price spreads of Corporate Brand vs. National Brand and competitive pricing.
* Insure product rotation of dated product and label conversions.
* Manage / train P/T hourly employees (KOMPASS Reps) in assigned territory.
* Consistently communicate with Supervisor/Manager (Retail Manager/Account Manager) and Corporate Staff.
* Effectively communicate with Store Managers for input/feedback on Corporate Brand execution and performance.
* Learn job specific computer applications.
* Track retail activity through CBRIS - Corporate Brand Retail Information System.
* Operate Kroger equipment in a "safety first" manner.
* Must remain qualified as an insurable driver.
* Must be able to perform essential job function of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* Communicate (read, write and speak) fluent English.
* Read, understand and implement plan-o-grams.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
* Computer/internet access - knowledge of email and web based applications.
* Adapt to advancing technology and computer solutions.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Qualify as an insurable driver with excellent driving record.
* Highly motivated self starter who can work with minimal supervision.
Minimum Physical Abilities:
Must be able to:
- legally operate motor vehicle unassisted.
- remain standing and/or walking unassisted for several hours at a time.
- lift, push or pull 50 pounds or more on a regular basis and occasionally up to 70 pounds.
- continuously reach up and bend down; reach in all directions and have unlimited upper body mobility.
- lift and extend 30 pounds above the head, sometimes repeatedly.
- have unlimited manual dexterity.
- tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures (0-90 degrees).
Desired Previous Job Experience:
* Retail grocery store experience, especially merchandising experience.
* Consumer product company experience with strong merchandising skills.
* Broker experience with strong merchandising skills.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
* Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
* Building Strategic Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships with District Managers, Store Managers and Grocery / Department Managers to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
* Building Trust - Interacting with customers and Kroger employees in a way that gives Kroger management confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
* Coaching - Providing timely guidance and feedback to assigned KOMPASS Reps to help strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
* Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to employees, management and customers in assigned stores in the English language.
* Customer Focus - Making Kroger customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions. Developing trust and sustaining productive relationships with Kroger employees.
* Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
* Inclusion - Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
* Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive; generating innovative solutions in work situations.
* Negotiation - Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance from of all involved parties.
* Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee and customer safety; upholding safety standards.
* Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.