Retail Sales - Cosmetics Artistry - Short Pump Town Center
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for skilled salespeople to assist customers with hands-on make-up application.
From attentive salespeople to meticulous tailors and innovative merchants, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. When you join a Nordstrom Store, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
Nordstrom currently has sales openings in our Cosmetics Artistry department. Cosmetics lines may include: MAC, Nars, Trish McEvoy, Laura Mercier, Smashbox, Bare Escentuals, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Dior, YSL, Armani, Burberry, Le Metier De Beaute, and Guerlain. The ideal candidate is motivated, enjoys working one-on-one with customers and thrives in a commissioned sales environment. If you share our love for the customers we serve, the merchandise we sell and the work we do, this is a place for you to build a rewarding career.
- Set and achieve personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the team
- Greet customers in a timely, professional and engaging manner
- Initiate service consultations by asking open-ended questions to learn the customer’s preferences and needs
- Provide honest and confident feedback to customers regarding products
- Build lasting relationships with customers by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new products and invite them to upcoming events
- Consistently seek trend and product knowledge to act as an expert for the customer
- Open new Nordstrom Fashion Rewards accounts as a means of building customer relationships
- Work as a team player to ensure each customer receives the best service possible Build and maintain strong vendor relationships to maximize business results
- Perform daily department maintenance tasks including stock work, re-merchandising, display, price markdowns, merchandise transfers and light cleaning
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales goals
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and coworkers
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about cosmetic trends
- Ability to positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Cosmetics artistry experience a plus
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We’re proud to be named to
TM magazine’s list of ‘100 Best Companies to Work For.’ We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Retail Sales - Cosmetics
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...