Are you a foodie? Do you enjoy food and cooking? Do you appreciate fine teas, gourmet spice blends, sugars and salts? Are you creative in the kitchen? Come work in an environment where it is all about food!
Part Time Retail sales associates wanted immediately for The Spice & Tea Exchange of Mystic, a specialty retail shop that sells spices, herbs, teas, spice blends, rubs and related products, is looking for individuals with excellent people skills who have a passion for food and cooking. Come work with us in a fun, creative and supportive environment! Advancement opportunities are available.
Serves customers by providing, obtaining and receiving merchandise; total bills and accept payments; exhibit stellar customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following depending on business needs:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Stock shelves, containers, counters and tables with merchandise.
- Sticker merchandise with labels, SKU’s, prices and locations.
- Blends and packages product as necessary and where applicable.
- Obtains merchandise requested by customer.
- Field customer questions concerning location, product information, price and uses for products.
- Establishes rapport with customers to ensure their return and/or word of mouth advertising.
- Contributes to team efforts.
- Obtains necessary knowledge to adequately promote product by reading applicable publications, attending necessary training activities.
- Usage of 2-lines and step in lines.
- Complies with all TSTE® operating standards and procedures pertaining to the daily operation of the store.
- Assess and notify management of low product inventory levels.
- Proven customer focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Stellar customer service