Are you a foodie? Do you enjoy food and cooking? Do you appreciate fine teas, gourmet spice blends, sugars and salts? Are you creative in the kitchen? Come work in an environment where it is all about food!
A part time Retail Sales Associate is wanted immediately to cover evenings and weekends for The Spice & Tea Exchange in Charleston, a specialty retail shop that sells spices, herbs, teas, spice blends, rubs and related products. Come work with us in a fun, creative and supportive environment! Advancement opportunities are available.
Summary: The retail sales associate is a vital role in the TSTE store as it requires providing sales and customer service to our guests while conveying the corporate culture and vision.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ensure each guest receives stellar customer service and is welcomed into the store and greeted with our trademarked opening lines.
- Utilize trademarked follow up lines with guests.
- Maintain inventory levels throughout the store, e.g. on shelves, counters and tables, in containers with merchandise and product while assessing store inventory levels; notify management of low inventory levels.
- Price merchandise with labels, SKU’s, prices and locations.
- Blends and packages product as necessary and where applicable.
- Obtains merchandise requested by customer, field customer questions concerning location, product information, price and uses for products while establishing rapport with customers to ensure their return and/or word of mouth advertising.
- Maintain solid, accurate and current product knowledge by obtaining necessary knowledge to adequately promote product by reading applicable publications and attending necessary training activities.
- Complies with all TSTE® operating standards and procedures pertaining to the daily operation of the store.
- Assess and notify management of low product inventory levels.
- Contributes to team efforts.
- Proven customer focus with stellar customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to utilize simple math skills in measuring ingredients, reading a scale and following recipes.