"Malolo"- Outfitter Shop Retail Cashier PART TIME
Shop will open in July 2012
POSITION PURPOSE :
This position is to provide products and service to meet hotel guests needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
40% Gain thorough knowledge of merchandise in the shop to ensure excellent customer service.
20% Use proper sales techniques to maximize sales and profitability in order to meet and exceed budgetary goals.
10% Assist in purchasing merchandise in keeping with theme and approach of respective shop.
10% Maintain proper merchandise levels through inventory management to ensure product availability to customer and restock as needed.
10% Knowledge of merchandise to maximize sales.
10% Ensure the shop is clean, orderly and attractive to customers.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotels and Resorts rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Plan employee departmental meetings on a monthly basis.
- Enforce hotel safety standards.
- Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by Manager.
- Provide direct service to guests as needed.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of retail operations. Physical Demands
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Position requires walking and giving direction; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different outlets and other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and stocking tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. On a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Customer Service and strong organizational skills required. Retail experience a plus. Fun, friendly and professional.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS Education
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Previous retail experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Pyramid Hotels and Resorts standards.
Pyramid Advisors - 2 years ago