The MTNA Business Area is responsible for promoting, selling, installing, and supporting all product and software solutions for retail grocery customers in North America. The team requires a Retail Solutions / Professional Services Sales Engineer to manage the business requirements and technology evaluation stages (steps 2 - 3) of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team and on location with retail customers as the key technical advisor, solution advocate, and solutions engineer for our products. It is essential that this individual is technically skilled, business minded, team oriented and comfortable dealing with multiple levels inside a customer's organization.
Grow the Retail Division revenue base and profitability by proactively leading the following:
- Work with a targeted set of North American retail customers and the sales team on location by serving as the primary technical resource and solution advocate.
- Assist in the identification of business and technical requirements for assigned customers to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Support the North American Marketing Organization (MT-NA) key account team by developing and delivering product demonstrations and support as required.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer, Software, or Industrial Engineering OR a Bachelor of Science degree in a related field supplemented by appropriate work experience is required. An MBA is preferred.
This position has a travel requirement of up to 40% including both domestic and international travel (by commercial or personal means, including economy class air travel). The ability to obtain a passport with valid visas for entry into countries throughout the world is required.
METTLER TOLEDO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Employees are eligible for coverage under our broad-based insurance programs, including basic medical, dental, and major medical. We also provide each employee with paid life insurance and paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance. We recognize the importance of financial planning and offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan.
- Prior experience as a solutions or software sales engineer yielding business driven results.
- Technical experience to facilitate qualified support and to develop appropriate documentation.
- Proven abilities in the following:
- Excellent interpersonal and written / verbal skills
- Strong negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Team building and coaching expertise
- Sound financial and project management practices.
- Clear, concise written and verbal English required. Spanish or French would be a plus.
- Command of the full MS Office Suite - frequent PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to understand core functionality of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to understand solutions/software design is a plus.
To find out more about METTLER TOLEDO and our products please view our YouTube video at http://www.youtube.com/user/mettlertoledo?ve6MGN3yj0t8.