Come grow with us as a Retail Sales Manager for the Kellogg Company! Lead with us as you utilize your sales expertise to engage our customers and consumers and get them excited about our brands. While you are at it you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Retail Sales Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE
- Achieving assigned period, annual territory volume and category targets by taking initiative, being creative and solving problems
- Selling a profitable mix of Kellogg products to grocery stores and mass merchandisers using all available resources including financial information
- Growing Kellogg’s base sales by maximizing distribution, growing shelf share, and pursuing creative secondary positioning of all products
- Leading the innovation launch at store level to ensure all new items are on shelf
- Conducting presentations with customers to increase to achieve win-win results and forge strong long-term customer relationships
- Partnering with sales team to recruit, train, coach and develop merchandisers
- Implementing talent management programs to include writing and delivering performance management plans, development plans, and goals and accountabilities
- Supporting and leading diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Coaching, developing and managing merchandiser workforce to maximize service, productivity, merchandising, and display building
- Ordering product using handheld terminal on a timely basis, by established deadline and ensuring the appropriate product mix is ordered to control saleable and unsaleable returns
- Manage variable labor, by accurately forecasting weekly merchandising needs.
- Partnering with team as well as other functions within Kellogg to improve delivery efficiencies and optimize customer service levels while minimizing cost of donated/ damaged/destroyed product within territory
- Promoting practices that result in all sales personnel conducting themselves in a manner that promotes safety
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Sales, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Sales or sales operational experience
- Ability to manage people
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Sustained experience managing people
- Experience within the consumer packaged goods industry
- Bachelors Degree
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, persuade, communicate and negotiate
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office
This position provides participation in the Kellogg Vehicle Reimbursement Program. Our flexible plan provides you vehicle choice, no personal use restriction, and is tax-free for employees driving over 5,000 business miles annually
Work requires long periods of walking, standing, bending or carrying moderately heavy items (20-25 pounds) with or without reasonable accommodations
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people
Kellogg Company - 17 months ago
Our founder, W.K. Kellogg, said: “Whatever success I have had in business has been a result of my good fortune in selecting employees...