Retail Sales Manager - Sales- Queens, NY
Come grow with us as a Retail Sales Manager for the Kellogg Company! Lead with us as you utilize your sales expertise to engage our customers and consumers and get them excited about our brands. While you are at it you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Retail Sales Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE
- Achieving assigned period, annual territory volume and category targets by taking initiative, being creative and solving problems
- Selling a profitable mix of Kellogg Snack products to grocery stores and mass merchandisers using all available resources including financial information
- Growing Kellogg’s base sales by maximizing distribution, growing shelf share, and pursuing creative secondary positioning of all products
- Leading the innovation launch at store level to ensure all new items are on shelf
- Monitoring shelf space to maximize sales and following assigned space management plan-o-gram
- Selling and creating incremental displays that are consistent with the Kellogg’s sales business plan to optimize sales
- Coaching, developing and managing merchandiser workforce to maximize service, productivity, merchandising, and display building
- Managing variable labor by accurately forecasting weekly merchandising needs
- Partnering with team as well as other functions within Kellogg to improve delivery efficiencies and optimize customer service levels while minimizing cost of donated/ damaged/destroyed product within territory
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Sales, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- BA/BS Degree OR high school diploma/GED plus significant related experience
- Sales or sales operational experience
- Ability to manage people
- Motor vehicle history with 2 or less moving violations and no DUI convictions within the last 36 months
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Sustained experience managing people
- Experience within the consumer packaged goods industry
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, persuade, communicate and negotiate
- Microsoft Office experience
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people
- Ability to drive to multiple locations throughout a regular work day
- This position provides participation in the Kellogg Vehicle Reimbursement or Fleet Program
- Work requires long periods of walking, standing, bending or carrying moderately heavy items (20-25 pounds) with or without reasonable accommodations Extended work schedule which may include some night, weekend and early morning hours
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this
for English or this
In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” W.K....