Grow your career as a Retail Sales Representative - DSD for the Kellogg Company! Lead with us as you utilize your sales expertise to engage our customers and consumers and get them excited about our brands. While you are at it you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Retail Sales Representative at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE
- Executing business plans through fact-based selling techniques and displaying an ability to “close deals” with customers using fact-based selling and superior communications skills
- Utilizing negotiation skills and achieving win-win results for the Kellogg Company and its customers
- Growing base sales through maximizing distribution, share of shelf, and selling incremental displays
- Selling creative displays to customers to be placed at optimal locations with the stores to maximize sales
- Working to “up sell” on every customer store visit
- Building spot sell displays in support of incremental sales
- Adhering to prescribed or assigned coverage plan
- Writing, entering, and/or processing customer orders
- Ensuring that customers are sufficiently merchandised by controlling back room stock and shelves through leading and influencing merchandising employees (Direct Store Delivery specific)
- Utilizing coverage plan to meet and exceed call coverage expectations for customers (Warehouse specific)
- Understanding of customers and their competitive set with the district and zone
- Providing data and insights to internal partners for growth from in-store consumer activity
- Possessing an understanding of Kellogg Company brands and the categories in which we compete
- Leveraging variable labor to maximize business
- Promoting and fostering a collaborative teamwork based culture to support winning in the marketplace
- Presenting new ideas and new ways of thinking in an effective and persuasive manner
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Sales, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving, influence and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated use of excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Sales experience in a CPG environment
This position provides participation in the Kellogg Vehicle Reimbursement Program. Our flexible plan provides you vehicle choice, no personal use restriction, and is tax-free for employees driving over 5,000 business miles annually.
Work requires long periods of walking, standing, bending or carrying moderately heavy items (20-25 pounds) with or without reasonable accommodations.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people
Kellogg Company - 15 months ago
Our founder, W.K. Kellogg, said: “Whatever success I have had in business has been a result of my good fortune in selecting employees...