1. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Manage the activities of the store in a manner that will ensure maximum profitability and efficiency, while creating a positive image of GIRE in the community.
2. PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: Employees, consumers, and volunteers assigned to the store.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Achieve or exceed the budgeted expense/revenue ratio. Monitor ratio daily, weekly, and monthly.
• Manage the intake and processing of donations to achieve or exceed the daily production and sales goals.
• Maintain inventory quality standards; set standards for each department.
• Maintain budgeted staffing levels with employees that meet or exceed the performance standards of their position.
• Perform interviews for potential employees. Complete evaluations and necessary disciplinary action as directed by senior retail management and Human Resources
• Train employees and consumers in proper work habits, job responsibilities, and policies/procedures. Implement consumer training programs and coordinate with WFD Department.
• Provide professional customer service.
• Bring up to standard all issues surfaced during each store visit checklist within the required time frame.
• Maintain required sales, inventory, personnel, and supply records. Send accurate and complete paperwork to the appropriate department at the administrative office. Accurately complete and submit employee and consumer payroll records.
• Review and analyze data on a regular basis to determine effectiveness of sales/donation methods and procedures. Recommended changes to supervisor.
• Manage store in accordance with high professional work ethics and integrity.
• Maintain displays and utilize all marketing tools per established procedures.
• Maintain facility and grounds in a neat and clean condition at all times. Promptly report needed repairs/replacements to the designated staff member.
• Follow and enforce loss prevention and safety procedures at all times. Provide a safe work environment.
• In the event of a fire or drill, have ultimate responsibility for employee, consumer, and customer safety.
• Attend management meetings as requested. Provide information for effective planning.
• Respond to on-call emergencies such as break-ins, fires, earthquakes, floods, etc.
• Back up any position in the store as needed to accomplish goals.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Retail Director.
• Minimum of three years experience in increasingly responsible supervisory/management position. Preference will be given to those with management experience in the retail field.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Able to supervise and train employees and consumers.
• Respond positively to the public and represent Goodwill in a professional manner at all times.
• Able to positively influence and motivate CTC Staff.
• Organized and able to work independently.
• Experience in budget control, cash management, and basic fiscal controls.
• Knowledge and experience in merchandising techniques.
• Good communication skills, both in writing, and orally.
• Must have access to a vehicle, current driver's license, and acceptable DMV report for insurance purposes.
• Must be flexible and willing to accept temporary or permanent assignment in other GIRE locations
• Must have access to a phone to receive emergency and coverage calls.
5. WORK ENVIRONMENT: A clean office, retail and production setting. Moderate to low noise and dust levels. Temperate climate. Overhead lighting. Cement floors.
6. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Continuous mobility within the store, with occasional lifting, stretching, and bending. Occasional fine finger movement. Able to lift up to and including 50 pounds. Vehicle travel. Manual to gross manual dexterity.
7. IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Retail Regional Manager