Janovic is part of the Indecor Group, Inc - Benjamin Moore & Co.’s family of Company-Owned stores. We are full service paint and decorating retail destination featuring Benjamin Moore Products. The store chain has locations in Chicago, Virginia, Philadelphia, New York City and Hawaii. There are exciting opportunities for growth in different geographic locations throughout the United States.
Janovic is looking for a Retail Store Manager . The Retail Store Manager is responsible for the operation and profitability of his/her store, including, but not limited to:
- Maintain the store’s appropriate inventory levels to ensure that it meets customer needs and is aligned with budget.
- Ensure that our customers’ needs and expectations are met on a consistent basis.
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the store is maintained and that all equipment is in excellent working condition.
- Control inventory losses through proper controls and notations.
- Control expenses and payroll.
- Ensure that the store is properly opened and closed in accordance with company policy.
- Complete all paperwork reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Resolve customer issues in a proper and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the business plan and store is properly administered.
- Monitor accounts payable, accounts receivable and banking procedures. Resolve problems as necessary.
- Understand and utilize various business reports to identify sales, gross margin, and expense control opportunities.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the company’s purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ensure that commercial accounts are properly set up and administered.
- Active involvement in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of store personnel.
- Must ensure that all store employees have a working knowledge of various products. When necessary, develop training programs.
- Must ensure employees deliver excellent customer service to our patrons.
- Encourage a viable team-oriented working environment through good communication.
- Ensure that the store is properly staffed at all times.
- Must supervise employees.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews for the purpose of assessing employee performance. When necessary, must also administer disciplinary action in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure that the store complies with all federal/state regulations and company policies including, but not limited to: ADA, EEOC, Workers Compensation – Wage & Hour, Sexual Harassment, etc.
Store Manager : paint store, jobs in paint, store management, stores manager, paint business, paint career, paint manager, retail paint store, jobs in retail, retail store, paint employment
- Responsible for the coordination of the sales efforts associated with the store.
- Responsible for the development and deployment of local marketing strategies.
- Responsible for attaining the budgeted sales forecast through effective marketing of products in the store.
- Develop new accounts and increase sales of current accounts through a targeted sales initiative.
- Ensure employees are properly trained on selling techniques.
This is a summary of some of the roles and responsibilities associated with the position of store manager. However, other tasks do exist, and the store manager will be responsible for performing all other duties as directed by management.
- Requires a two- or four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Effective financial planning and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience, preferably industry related.
- Background in outside and/or inside sales.
- Job involves a wide variety of tasks including bending, lifting, and sitting. Individual must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Individual will usually be required to work a minimum of 50 hours per week.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT:
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that we will reply only to inquiries regarding system accessibility and will not respond to any other inquiries sent to this email address.
Benjamin Moore - 15 months ago
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...