This is a 10-month PGCEA position - Pay Table A (see conditions listed below)
CLOSING DATE: June 30, 2013
For full compensation a Retire-Rehire participant meet the following criteria:
Retire-Rehire participants not teaching in critical subject areas or in schools not meeting the above criteria are subject to earnings limitation.
- Is or has been certified to teach in the state;
- Has verification of satisfactory or better performance in last assignment prior to retirement;
- Has been appointed in accordance with Subsection 4-103 of the Education Article;
- Retired with normal service retirement or retired with an early service retirement and has been retired at least 12 months AND:
- Is employed in a classroom teacher, substitute classroom teacher or teacher mentor in a public school that;
- Is not making AYP or a school in need of improvement as defined under the federal NCLF Act of 2001, or
- Receiving funds under Title One of the NCLB Act of 2001, or
- More than 50% of the students attending that school are eligible for free and reduced-price meals, or
- Provides an alternative education program for adjudicated youths or students expelled, suspended or identified for suspension or expulsion, AND
- Shall teach in an area of critical shortage, or a special education class for students with special needs, or a class for students with limited English proficiency, or
- Is hired to teach any subject or class or provide education services under a special limited provision granted to the superintendent.
A retiree rehired under the Retire-Rehire program may not be rehired within 45 days of the last day on payroll and the date you are rehired.
A retiree who received payment of the retirement incentive may not seek or accept employment or work as a Classroom Teacher or Teacher Mentor with the school system for a period of 18 months following retirement, unless the Superintendent grants an exception. A retiree who received payment of the retirement incentive may work as a Substitute Teacher only 45 days after the last day on the payroll.
Earnings limitation for early service retirement continues for 12 months following the retirement date.
To apply to work as a Retire-Rehire teacher please send all information to:
HR Employee Customer Service
Sasscer Administration Building
14201 School Lane, Room 124
Upper Marlboro, Md. 20772
Copy of Valid Teaching Certificate
2 Letters of Recommendation
Questions regarding the Retire-Rehire Program should be addressed to 301-952-6473
Direct Deposit is expected as a condition of new hire employment.
Based on the settlement agreement reached in Administrator, Wage and Hour Division, U.S. Department of Labor v. Prince George's County Board of Education, OALJ Case No. 2011-LCA-00026, PGCPS is ineligible to sponsor foreign nationals for U.S. employment under any temporary or permanent visa program. As a condition of employment, all applicants for employment must be qualified to work in the United States without sponsorship by PGCPS. If you are not work-authorized and would require PGCPS to sponsor you for a work visa you will not be considered for employment
Prince George's County Public Schools - 22 months ago