Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Sales team to serve our clients in the Chicago, Illnois area.
This position is responsible for providing on-site service and education to assigned client base to expand current plan enrollment and participation, increase savings levels, retain current participant base, and enhance the investment knowledge of plan participants in the assigned cases. Considerable daily travel within the assigned territory is required.
Essential functions for this role include:
• At multiple locations throughout the assigned territory, provide one-on-one individual counseling to current plan participants and non-participants.
• Proactively increase plan participation and participant savings rates within assigned accounts.
• Organize and conduct a broad series of group educational seminars throughout the assigned territory designed to enhance participant knowledge and understanding of investment and savings basic principles.
• Be able to communicate openly and easily with employees with a wide range of investment knowledge.
• Provide personalized pre-retirement counseling, guidance, and assistance to retirees in selecting the most appropriate distribution options to meet their individual needs.
• Effectively implement targeted savings and educational initiatives in conjunction with or as requested by plan sponsors in the assigned territory.
• Regularly achieve all annual New Enrollment, Cash Flow and Retention goals.
• Work with other ICMA-RC divisions to ensure the delivery of quality service to plan participants.
• Regularly communicate with Regional Vice President and Relationship Manager regarding client issues, service efforts, new initiatives, and other opportunities to expand the existing client base.
• Properly represent the mission-based focus of ICMA-RC, with focus on building the retirement security of public sector employees.
• Other duties as assigned.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience.
• 3-5 years financial services outside sales/service experience.
• Significant knowledge of investment products with an emphasis on deferred compensation, defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Good understanding of specific plan provisions and legislative regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively market and service a geographically diverse client base.
• Direct sales experience desired with experience in closing the sale preferred. Ability to overcome objections and resistance during sales presentation necessary.
• Strong communication, listening and interpersonal skills necessary. Demonstrated ability to make effective group presentations.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer skills, including Windows, internet, email systems, Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to effectively and reliably organize an active work schedule.
• FINRA Series 6, 63 and 65 licenses, strongly preferred.
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.