The Revenue Accountant will report to the Revenue Manager and will work closely with the Revenue and Billing teams to ensure that revenue is accounted for properly. To be successful in this role, you must have strong knowledge of software revenue recognition and the ability to interpret complex revenue arrangements. You should have the ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams, including FP&A, Sales, Sales Operations, Billing Team, and Legal. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success and growth.
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Perform Sales Order quality control, and review transactions setup for revenue recognition. Work with billing team to correct any processing errors in the system.
- Review Professional Services engagements and ensure accuracy of set up in the system. Work with the Professional Services organization on various inquiries/issues related to revenue recognition.
- Review and respond to requests/inquiries from other cross functional teams regarding proposed or current revenue transactions.
- Perform monthly revenue related tasks and analysis
- Participate in the monthly revenue close process; record revenue related journal entries; complete revenue related account reconciliations.
- Assist in quarterly reviews and annual audit related to revenue matters.
- Participate in ad hoc projects as needed.
NetSuite is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as NetSuite does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other
classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of experience in the SaaS industry preferred. CPA with Big 4 experience preferred. Knowledge of software revenue recognition literatures-ASC 985-605, ASC 605-10, and ASC 605-25.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the company.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them through completion.
NetSuite - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
NetSuite is focused on helping midsized companies and divisions of large corporations manage their core business processes in a single...