This position reports to the Service Operations Supervisor and performs PCBA rework and upgrades on complex main boards. Upgrades may be extensive requiring close attention to detail. Workmanship must be excellent while maintaining a high pace. OT may be required to meet customer demands. Must be able to read English instructions and follow directions with few mistakes.
· Remove and replace electronic components on PCB assemblies based on Debug Technician’s instructions.
· Perform upgrade modifications to PCB assemblies including trace cuts, wire jumpers, remove and replace components from release upgrade instructions.
· Performs Baking and Preheating of components and boards as required.
· Control inventory of replacement components
· Performs Maintenance of soldering and desoldering equipment
· Inspects for manufacturing defects per IPC 610 class II
· Perform Board cleaning to remove unwanted material
· Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system.
• 3 years surface mount soldering experience..
• Soldering certifications to IPC 610 class II.
• Complies with ESD standards.
• Experience with Data Collection System (Datasweep) and quality system (Agile) or equivalent.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Highly organized, self directed, attention to detail, and team oriented.
• Able to lift 25 lbs without accommodations
• 2-year technical degree and BGA repair experience is a plus
• ISO, FDA training and experience is a plus.
• PCB fab repair, pad replacement, trace cut/repair, soldermask touchup, blister and delamination repair is a plus.
SonoSite is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
SonoSite, Inc. specializes in the development of hand-carried ultrasound (HCU) systems for use in a variety of medical specialties in a...