To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to Six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be able to pass worksteps evaluation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Up to 10%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welds metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Performs Weld Fit Up independently
- Has ability to weld out pipe in various positions.
- Has ability to lay pipe out with the least amount of cost and supervision.
- Has the ability to perform engine alignment with driven equipment.
- Has the ability to read blueprint and perform basic skid layout functions for assembly
- Has the ability to assemble sheaves and bushings with proper belt sizes.
- Operates all assembly tooling independently with little supervision
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.