• At least 2 years solid commercial credit experience. Or, recent grads with relevant course work, summer internships, and related work experience.
• Strong financial statement analysis skills.
• Banking, ACH Transactions, and Payment Processing backgrounds a definite plus.
• College degree required. Preference for Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or Math majors.
• Team player with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to justify credit decisions, balance risk and business / sales issues.
• Articulate. Can negotiate with sometimes difficult commercial customers.
• Able to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
• Advanced MS Excel skills and strong working knowledge of other MS Office applications.
• Able to travel 10% of the time.
POSITION SUMMARY / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyzes credit worthiness of commercial accounts by reviewing internal and external information, including processing activity reports, credit bureau reports, financial statements, etc.
• Renders a commercial credit decision upon review of information.
• Writes detailed credit reviews and performs complex analyses, including analysis of cash flow, quality of assets and earnings, working capital, potential liabilities and risks, and impact of credit review findings.
• Negotiates collateral requirements and/or change of terms with merchants.
• Calls and writes commercial customers to request information, such as financial statements, shipping/delivery information, marketing brochures, etc.
• Discusses financial results with CFO, controller, etc.
• Conducts on-site due diligence visits.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Basic and supplemental life insurance
• Basic and supplemental AD&D insurances, short and long term disability
• 401(k) plan with company match; including a Roth contribution option
• Flexible reimbursement accounts (FSA)
• Vacation, sick and personal time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• TransFirst University (TFU) courses: business communication, computer skills, personal and professional ethics; and training in TransFirst service and products and the payment processing industry
• Employee Recognition Awards
• Annual Health Fair and Craft Fair
• On-site Grab and Go Food Market
COMPANY INFO: TransFirst, one of the nation's leading providers of secure payment processing, provides products and services that can help businesses of every size grow and prosper. We offer solutions tailor-made for merchants, financial institutions, independent sales professionals and referral/reseller partners. With more than 15 years of experience and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, we make it our mission to help all of our business partners grow and succeed. Here are some company facts:
• Serve over 200,000 merchants, financial institutions and ISO/ISA sales partners
• Annual transaction volume run rate of approximately $36 billion
• Privately owned; equity partner is Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
• More than 900 employees
• Headquartered in Hauppauge, New York, with additional operations facilities in Dallas, TX; Broomfield, CO; Aurora, CO; Omaha, NE; Overland Park, KS; Franklin, TN; and Cypress, CA.
Transfirst - 22 months ago
Welsh makes wealth. Private equity firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (WCAS) invests in growing health care, information, and business...