Job Description Position is responsible for the analytical support of Authorization strategies and initiatives. The candidate will work closely with a team of business analysts and project managers to develop and implement automated, real-time Authorization strategies, support enterprise-wide projects to leverage Authorization capabilities, work closely with data warehouse, leverage statistical tools to create performance reports, understand consumer behavior trends and solve strategic business problems. The qualified candidate will be responsible for executing standard and ad hoc reports, data extraction, and business analyses.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, work independently and handle multiple projects. Additionally, the candidate must be able to explain the analytical results to Senior Management in a clear, concise and effective manner. The role offers excellent career growth opportunities and regular exposure to senior management and other business units. It offers a perfect environment for the candidate to apply analytical and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications • Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar quantitative discipline
- Understanding of data and financial analysis, and/or software development
- Experience with SAS in UNIX and/or PC environments preferred
- Strong SQL and Microsoft Office skills desired
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a high level of inquisitiveness, initiative and critical thinking to formulate business issues into analytical problems and devise actionable solutions
- Ability to deliver results with high quality in a timely manner
- Ability to set priorities and deliver quality results
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand credit...