Evaluate and assess situations to minimize risk and losses to the financial institution. The position will support global operations primarily from an analytical and investigator standpoint as it pertains to identification and remediation of risk related issues associated with clients accounts. Responsibilities will include reviewing reports, legal document analysis, fraud detection and prevention in addition to AML surveillance, investigations and dispositions of potential suspicious activity.
1. BSA Anti-Money Laundering review
2. Fraud Investigations
- Be knowledgeable of the Banks Anti Money Laundering/Customer Identification Program and due diligence policies.
- Collect and analyze documents to obtain a complete understanding of the client and identify unusual transactions and patterns during customer/account review. Document findings and refer to Risk Analyst II for further action to include possible Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) filing.
- Monitor, review, assess and disposition of BSA alerts, 314a requests.
- Conduct comprehensive high risk reviews.
- Revaluate applications, customers and accounts for possible fraud, credit risk, and loss exposure.
- Analyze risks according to frequency and potential severity of loss.
- Act on possible loss in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow up with additional Internal Partners as needed to identify additional information in support of the case. i.e. Relationship Managers, Financial Center Staff, other departments.
- Monitor various fraud prevention/detection and suspicious activity reports to determine risk and refer to Senior Analyst for follow-up.
4. Legal document assessment
- Identify deteriorating credit situations and notify senior staff/management of same.
- Monitor overdraft, delinquency and various risk detection reports.
- Perform in-depth analysis of exception items.
5. Funds Transfer (wire) analysis
- Work closely with the legal team to document, assess and process inbound legal correspondence.
- Tracking of documents for required follow-up. i.e. Levy’s, Subpoena, Garnishments, etc.
- Notify BSA Officer of any Federal, National Security, and Criminal notifications.
6. Quality Assurance review (product underwriting)
- Review, analyze risk, decision and process wire requests. Refer suspicious wires to Risk Analyst II
- Identify if wire parties involve sanctioned countries or on the OFAC list, refer to Risk Analyst.II
- Ensure Bank Service Level Agreements are met.
7. Comply with Federal, State and Local legal and law enforcement requirements for bank operations
- Review customer/business identification information against available risk tools to ensure banks compliance with KYC / CIP and mitigate risk. i.e. Dun & Bradstreet, Federal & State websites, Credit Reports, Experian Authentication, LexisNexis and various other validation systems and tools.
- Evaluate and decision requests to existing deposit accounts/customers i.e. Visa check card status change, overdraft protection (ODP), external transfer limits increases, and business and consumer Online Check Deposit applications, etc.
8. Maintain Customer Confidence and Protect Bank Operations
- Follow established policies and procedures.
9. Contribute to the overall efforts of Team EverBank
- Adhere to all banking rules and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Complete duties as assigned.
- Offer assistance and support throughout the company.
- Provide assistance on additional tasks as needed.
Training and Experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Work Independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Windows (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail, risk mitigation; think critically and make decisions.
- Knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC/CIP/KYC regulations.
Pre-Employment Screening Includes
- Two years college preferred
- At least three years experience in a bank/financial institution or two year of experience in credit, fraud, investigation or law enforcement (Investigator, Detective, Fraud /White Collar), and paralegal experience
- Experience with Wire/Funds transfers preferred
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen – after offer of employment is extended and before start date
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Everbank - 21 months ago
EverBank Financial and its subsidiaries provide a range of financial services including banking, investment services, lending, commercial...