Energy Future Holdings Corp. is a Dallas-based, privately held energy company with a portfolio of competitive and regulated energy companies. TXU Energy, Luminant and Oncor, EFH's primary businesses, serve the high-growth Texas electricity market, which is one of world's largest and among the nation's most successful competitive markets. These businesses serve the high-growth Texas electricity market, which is one of the world's largest and among the nation's most successful competitive markets.
This position provides support to the EFH Risk organization and is responsible for a number of daily and monthly deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create, validate, and publish daily position and Profit and Loss reports using Excel, SQL, and VBA models. Provide performance attribution and key P&L drivers related to the natural gas, electricity, coal, emissions, nuclear, and weather markets. Portfolios may include: Trading, Solid Fuels & Emissions, Structuring, Asset Management, and Retail Energy Supply.
- Interface with front office traders, planning, accounting, pricing, confirmation and deal entry, and other EFH reporting groups to meet ad hoc report requests.
- Adapt existing database software, spreadsheets, complex valuation models and other programs to best meet departmental or end user needs.
- Support cross-functional development projects which would enhance existing risk data systems.
- Perform applicable SOX control requirements related to monthly and quarterly earnings reporting cycles.
- Undergraduate and/or Graduate degree in finance, economics, engineering, physics, mathematics, or related quantitative discipline.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Access and Power Point).
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplined, cross-functional and collaborative team environment.
- Experience working in a commodity risk management environment preferred.
- Experience with Energy Trade Risk Management software platform (such as Zai*Net, RAFT, or other ETRM system) and D&B is a plus.
NECESSARY SKILLS - For this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
It is the policy of Energy Future Holdings, Luminant, and TXU Energy to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand complex issues rapidly.
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic, C++, SAS and/or other relevant programming language preferred.
- Must embrace EFH values: honesty and integrity; mutual respect; innovation; competitive spirit, and diversity.
Energy Future Holdings - 18 months ago