This position is conveniently located at 11 Oval Drive in Islandia, NY.
Evaluate and assess situations to minimize risk and losses to the financial institution. The position will support global operations primarily from an analytical and investigator standpoint as it pertains to identification and remediation of risk related issues associated with clients accounts. Responsibilities will include reviewing reports, legal document analysis, fraud detection and prevention in addition to AML surveillance, investigations and dispositions of potential suspicious activity.
1. Staff Development
• Subject matter expert on system, policies and procedures.
• To mentor, train and coach staff regarding policies procedures and workflow.
• Assist Risk Analyst I with complex Risk Management issues.
2. Comply with Federal, State and Local legal and law enforcement requirements for bank operations
• Follow established policies and procedures.
• Review and update policies and procedures.
3. BSA/OFAC Anti-Money Laundering review
• Knowledgeable of the Banks Anti Money Laundering/Customer Identification Program and due diligence policies.
• Assist Risk Analyst I with reviews upon request
• Collect and analyze documents/activity to obtain a complete understanding of the client and identify unusual transactions and patterns during customer/account review. Document findings; determine if further action is required to include possible Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) filing. Draft and present narrative to SAR committee.
• Monitor, review, assess and disposition of BSA/OFAC alerts, cases, 314a and 314b requests, national security letters and other Federal directives.
• Conduct comprehensive high risk reviews.
• Provide feedback to Risk Analyst Leader on AML alert scenario, threshold creation and validation.
4. Fraud Investigations
• Revaluate complex applications, customers and accounts for possible fraud, credit risk, and loss exposure.
• Assist Risk Analyst I with investigations upon request.
• Analyze risks according to frequency and potential severity of loss.
• Act on possible loss in a timely and efficient manner.
• Follow up with additional Internal Partners as needed to identify additional information in support of the case. i.e. Relationship Managers, Financial Center Staff, other departments.
• Monitor various fraud prevention/detection and suspicious activity reports to determine risk. If situation/activity is SAR worthy, draft and present narrative to SAR committee.
• Identify deteriorating credit situations and implement action plans. Refer complex situations where a loss may be incurred to Risk Analyst Leader.
• Monitor overdraft, delinquency and various risk detection reports.
• Perform in-depth analysis of exception items.
6. Legal document assessment
• Monitor legal process log daily and department response to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
• Work closely with the legal team to document, assess and process inbound legal correspondence.
• Tracking of documents for required follow-up. i.e. Levy’s, Subpoena, Garnishments, etc.
• Notify BSA Officer of any Federal, National Security, and Criminal notifications.
7. Funds Transfer (wire) analysis
• Review and decision suspicious wires and possible OFAC matches referred by Risk Analyst I.
• Review,, analyze risk, decision and process wire requests. Determine if wire is suspicious. Take appropriate next steps to include draft and present narrative to SAR committee, and/or contact OFAC.
• Identify if wire parties involve sanctioned countries or are on the OFAC list, decision if this is a true match, take appropriate action.
• Ensure Bank Service Level Agreements are met.
8. Quality Assurance review (product underwriting)
• Evaluate and decision requests to existing deposit accounts/customers i.e. Enhanced Business Product, Visa check card status change, overdraft protection (ODP), external transfer limits increases, and business and consumer Online Check Deposit applications, etc.
• Review customer/business identification information against available risk tools to ensure banks compliance with KYC / CIP and mitigate risk. i.e. Dun & Bradstreet, Federal & State websites, Credit Reports, Experian Authentication, LexisNexis and various other validation systems and tools.
9. Maintain Customer Confidence and Protect Bank Operations
• Adhere to all banking rules and regulations
10. Contribute to the overall efforts of Team EverBank
• Work on special projects as assigned by management.
• Complete duties as assigned.
• Offer assistance and support throughout the company.
• Provide assistance on additional tasks as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Ability to work in a fast paced team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands.
• Analytical and research skills.
• Work Independently.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Windows (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Attention to detail, risk mitigation; think critically and make decisions.
• Expert knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC/CIP/KYC regulations.
Training and Experience
• Two years college preferred.
• At least five years experience in a bank/financial institution or two year of experience in credit, fraud, investigation or law enforcement (Investigator, Detective, Fraud /White Collar), and paralegal experience.
• Experience with Wire/Funds transfers preferred.
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
• Credit Check
• Criminal Background Check
• Drug Screen – after offer of employment is extended and before start date
• Past Employment Verification
• Social Security Verification
EverBank Financial and its subsidiaries provide a range of financial services including banking, investment services, lending, commercial...