Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Manage work in a unit whose staff use variety of analytical tools to develop value-at-risk models for the classes of assets or financial instruments the company owns or underwrites. Use risk assessment models such as scenario models or sensitivity analyses to measure and quantify risk as it pertains to different classes of assets. May apply advanced mathematical, statistical, or other financial analytical tools to develop more precise analyses or projections of the financial performance of different assets classes in different economic environments. May use advanced programming skills to test or validate models or to price or evaluate various derivative products.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Play lead role in unit in determining which analytical tools can be used to assess and quantify risk for specific product or assets.
- Assign work to staff to examine assets using varied statistical and mathematical tools to analyze the risk of varied financial products, assets and transactions. Confer with less experienced staff and provide guidance.
- Review and if necessary approve analysis or application of model on variety of products or assets, including larger or more complex mortgage backed securities or derivatives.
- Aggregate and report results for more specialized or custom analyses to unit management or business unit management.
- Participate in periodic value-at-risk exercise in which unit's staff determines aggregate risk over large range of assets for reporting to senior management.
- Track academic research in quantitative modeling used to measure risk for financial assets and their derivatives.
- Assess analytical tools currently in use in the unit and scan business and academic sources for alternatives; test these and suggest their use in the unit, if feasible.
- Provide opportunities to staff for technical and professional growth through assignment and mentoring.
- Contribute to projects in which the systems tools used by unit are added to or enhanced.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Management experience preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...