Assist the Risk Control Manager to develop and maintain a Risk Control function that will support the profit, sales and growth objectives of the Commercial Lines Profit Center. Ensure the efficient and effective use of Risk Control services for all user groups through risk evaluation and consultative risk improvement services.
1. Assists the manager to develop, execute, and monitor Risk Control procedures for surveys and service.
2. Monitors and manages Key Account Service including technology (workflow system), tools, templates, and tracking systems.
3. Develops, monitors, and revises Risk Control report templates and supplements.
4. Manages the Risk Control quality review process including development of review templates and conducting report reviews and field observations with Risk Control staff.
5. Manages Risk Control marketing efforts including web site development, client use materials, model safety programs, and newsletters in conjunction with the manager and LOB specialists
6. Identifies advanced professional training needs. Encourages the attainment of professional designations and participation in professional organizations.
7. Assists in implementing Risk Control Internship and Trainee programs.
8. Serves as a technical resource for Risk Control staff, underwriters, and management for technical topics, account reviews, and disputes.
9. Continues to increase knowledge/expertise of the loss control discipline and the development of management skills through internal and external training/education programs.
10. Conducts technical training on Risk Control topics for staff and underwriting and participates in underwriting and Loss Control orientations.
11. Maintains proficiency to perform timely and accurate risk evaluation and consultative risk improvement field activities.
12. Maintains working knowledge of workflow with ability to load balance, utilize letter templates, train others, and assist the Risk Control Analyst to maintain survey review backlog within time standards
13. Assists with Corporate Risk Management requests
1. Performs other duties as assigned by senior management.
Requirements Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, Science or related field and or equivalent education and experience required. Must have attained at least one professional industry designation (i.e., CSP, ALCM, ARM, etc.). Minimum of 10-15 years experience including 3-5 years of specialty service required. Must have leadership and mentorship abilities. Diverse knowledge of the loss control discipline is required. Must have technical knowledge of industry trends, developments, current standards and regulations. Must be proficient in handling most unique or unusual complex risks in most lines of business and specialty areas. Oral and written communication skills required for report documentation and preparation. Must have analytical, organizational, interpersonal, decision making skills, presentation skills, and project management skills. Must have a valid drivers license and acceptable driver record.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 13 months ago