Develop and maintain a Risk Control function that will support the profit, sales and growth objectives of the Commercial Lines Profit Center. Ensure the efficient and effective use of Risk Control services for all user groups through risk evaluation and consultative risk improvement services.
1. Manages and directs the Risk Control Department by monitoring staff and vendor performance, providing technical expertise and opportunities to staff, and ensuring adherence to company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
2. Develops, executes, and monitors Risk Control procedures for surveys, service, and continual improvement.
3. Manages and provides for career path development of staff through advanced professional training. Encourages the attainment of professional designations and participation in professional safety organizations.
4. Manages Risk Control Internship and Trainee programs.
5. Develops and executes a successful recruitment program that supports succession planning for future support to the Corporation.
6. Oversees the Risk Control quality review process and conduct field assessments with Risk Control staff.
7. Serves as a technical resource for Risk Control staff, underwriters, and management for technical topics, account reviews, and disputes.
8. Conducts technical training on Risk Control topics for staff and underwriting and participates in underwriting and Risk Control orientations.
9. Continues to increase knowledge/expertise of the risk control discipline and the development of management skills through internal and external training/education programs. Serves or has served as an officer in a professional safety organization.
10. Maintains proficiency to perform timely and accurate risk evaluation and consultative risk improvement field activities.
11. Maintains working knowledge of workflow with ability to load balance, utilize letter templates, and train others
12. Assists with Corporate Risk Management requests
1. Performs other duties as assigned by senior management.
Requirements Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, Science or related field and or equivalent education and experience required. Must have attained at least one professional industry designation (i.e., CSP, ALCM, ARM, etc.). Minimum of 15 years experience including 3-5 years of specialty service required. Must have proven leadership and mentorship abilities. Diverse knowledge of the loss control discipline is required. Must have technical knowledge of industry trends, developments, current standards and regulations. Must be proficient in handling most unique or unusual complex risks in most lines of business and specialty areas. Oral and written communication skills required. Must have analytical, organizational, interpersonal, decision making skills, presentation skills, and project management skills. Must have a valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 23 months ago