Spire Europe Limited seeks a Risk Desk Analyst to provide support for our trading and risk systems. The firm successfully trades a number of different strategies in a variety of markets. We have an extremely high-performance network that processes a vast amount of financial information in real time. The team here is composed of a talented group of quantitative financial analysts and programmers.
Spire Europe Limited is an FSA-authorised firm based in central London. The firm engages in proprietary trading over exchanges, MTFs, and other markets in Europe, and it is affiliated with Tower Research Capital LLC in the United States.
As a member of the Trading Systems Support team, you will support the widely-deployed OMS and market data delivery systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with traders to understand their needs
- Solving problems by providing level one and level two support for our production systems
- Deploying new production systems, including trade servers and position servers, and rolling back said systems when issues arise
- Acting as the first point of contact for exchanges and ECNs
- Monitoring infrastructure systems and trader chat rooms for any issues
- Monitoring all trading systems for unusual activity
- Monitoring parameters in real time, including PnL limits, wash sales, volume percentages, fill rates, aggressive vs. passive orders, and market making obligations
- Ensuring compliance settings are in place for all trading strategies
- Ensuring appropriate limits are in place for all trading strategies, including strategies for which changes have been pushed
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong skills in Perl, Python, and Bash or shell
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of SQL and use of databases
- Working knowledge of equities, futures, options, or FX
- An understanding of exchange-specific rules and procedures
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Very strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Legal authorization to work in the United Kingdom indefinitely
- Competitive salary
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Five weeks of paid holiday per year plus bank and public holidays
- Medical and dental insurance
Tower Research Capital - 21 months ago