About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas (
) has a presence in 80 countries with nearly 200,000 employees, including more than 150,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia.
Risk-Investment & Markets (Risk-IM) is a key part of Group Risk Management of BNP Paribas. The mission of Risk-IM is to provide Senior Management of the Group, of the Operating Divisions, and of Group Risk Management (“GRM”) with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risks and clients. The scope of Risk-IM is:
- On Market & Liquidity risks: it is Group-wide. Risk-IM comprehensively covers the CIB capital markets activities, ALM Treasury as well as the IS Business Units,
- On Counterparty risks: it is Group-wide. Risk-IM covers all counterparty risks arising from derivative and repo transactions,
- On Credit risks: credit analysis and approval for all Financial Institutions (including Funds and SPVs), Sovereigns, Wealth Management clients and other IS private clients,
- On Insurance risks: risks generated by Insurance activities,
- Depending on mandates given, Risk-IM also assumes, directly or indirectly, responsibilities on the above risk categories in specific areas of the Retail Business Units.
Candidate should have the ability to learn to analyze North American Banks and Brokers as well as identify capital markets and corporate banking credit risks generated by North American banks & brokers. Capital market transactions include equity derivatives, swaps, bond options, repos, foreign exchange, equity trading, structured repo and securities lending. Corporate Banking transactions include import and export trade finance proposals, and syndicated loan participations
- Help support the timely completion of annual reviews, portfolio reviews and one-off approval memos for financial institutions (N. American banks, brokers & GSE's)
- Prepare the analysis for North American subs of non domestic companies and understand and be prepared to discuss rationale behind individual credit limits and facilities
- Help support the preparation and presentation of annual credit reviews and new requests of North American banks and brokers(public & private) to Risk-IM Credit Committees. This process includes collection of relevant financial documentation, interacting with the various métiers and risk teams within BNP to ensure timely return of business trading requests and annual reviews of non-US subs
- Prepare legal documentation check lists with credit parameters in conjunction with immediate supervisor. Additionally, review all legal documentation at time of annual review, ensuring all necessary documents are in place (including guarantees) and being familiar with what products are covered under the ISDA/CSA, PSA, PSA/ISMA, and SLMA
- Remain familiar with industry risks/trends, including credit issues, regulatory issues and legal issues, among others.
- Be proactive and independently manage a portfolio of names as well as work closely in a team environment to meet team goals & objectives
- 0-2 years experience as a Credit Analyst
- Effectively handle multiple tasks and multiple files simultaneously through effective prioritization of requests (in conjunction with immediate supervisor) and sound organizational skills
- Strong written & oral communications skills through interaction with marketers, traders, counterparties, team members and credit committees
Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent
At least 1 year