Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier retailer of home furnishings, culinary and serving equipment, and specialty foods and cooking ingredients in the United States and Canada. Our brands, including Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Teen, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home, are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels - retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet. Among all of our brands, we cover every room in the house: from the kitchen to the living room, bedroom, home office, and even the hall closet.
The Risk Analyst will have global, broad responsibility in supporting the Director of Risk Management. Primary focus will be property insurance, property claims management and insurance recovery. The Risk Management Analyst will also be called upon to assist in other claim areas, contract reviews and special risk management projects. This position requires understanding of loss forecasting and the ability to develop methodologies and models to improve department efficiencies and company's cost of risk. The Risk Management Analyst will assist with the insurance renewals.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Actively manage global property and marine cargo claims and recoveries
- Coordinate property loss control engineering visits and responses to action items identified by engineers
- Obtain, analyze and compile underwriter information for insurance renewals
- Track all property losses and values, non-insurable and insurable
- Assess proposed contracts and special projects for risks and recommend methods of risk transfer and/or acceptance where appropriate
- Establish, write and maintain property loss reporting procedures, utilizing global team input. Communicate procedures and document on internal Risk Management Website.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures relating to risk management/insurance for countries where Company is expanding
- Provide cross-functional guidance regarding risk-related matters
- Assist Director in preparing loss analyses and budgets and in determining ways to reduce the company's total cost of risk
- 5+ years experience in risk management/insurance related field (global retail preferred)
- Bachelors Degree (Risk Management, Finance, or Math/Engineering emphasis preferred)
- Property insurance and claims experience
- Property loss control engineering experience helpful
- Microsoft office: Intermediate to advanced excel a plus
- Ability to interpret actuarial data, analyze data and trend
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Financial acumen and understanding of financial statements
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to be flexible in fast-paced environment
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, and...