Job Title: Risk Pricing Property/Casualty Senior Specialist
Job ID: 03980
Division : Personal Lines
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Experience with auto lines is preferred.
Manages many complex/concurrent projects with cross-divisional interdependencies. Has ultimate accountability for successful project delivery having corporate and division impact. Leads risk pricing process development and implementation teams including new rating process forms, and their components. Organizes project structure, identifies project components and outlines timeframes. Identifies and ensures participation of other Personal Lines departments and key business partners. Maintains knowledge of competitor rating plans and industry trends. Reviews and interprets statutes, case law and regulations relating to risk pricing strategy.
- Program Development and Implementation (45%)
- Leads multiple initiatives for risk pricing process development and implementation. Initiates projects following project management procedures. Iteratively refines project objectives, scope, charter, cost benefit, utilizes metrics for evaluation of projects and processes, and impact analysis throughout a project lifecycle.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates all tasks that are necessary for project completion. Creates work breakdown structure, obtains resources, and creates an overall project plan based on resource availability. Identifies and ensures participation of other Personal Lines departments and key business partners
- Develops/oversees risk pricing process enhancements that support short and long-term business plans and the national product strategy. Acts as a technical resource for other divisions and operations, providing expertise with rating plan policies, rules and procedures.
- Obtains input, conducts meetings, and communicates decisions and changes. Resolves issues and communicates with management, stakeholders and customers.
- Develops, revises, and implements risk selection parameters based on input from key business partners and Personal Lines to support underwriting profit/loss results and trends.
- Seeks opportunities and collaboration with other business partners to meet corporate and divisional objectives; develops cross-functional knowledge.
- Develop and maintain personal lines property and auto pricing business rules.
- Manages launch implementation efforts including creation and maintenance of education materials, communication and provides necessary resources for training and post launch efforts.
- Risk Pricing Research and Development (35%)
- Develops strong knowledge of industry and competitor activities by attending industry functions while building and maintaining relationships with peers within the industry.
- Identifies opportunities to improve risk pricing processes and recommends action plans to management.
- Obtains and analyzes information on prospective rate plan idea changes and/or enhancements in collaboration with key business partners. Identifies customer needs and new target markets, evaluates results of new programs and rating plans introduced by obtaining customer satisfaction data and reviewing retention, production and profit reports.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationship with other lines and Product Management to identify and avoid overlaps or gaps, and determines opportunities, pertaining to risk pricing changes and/or enhancements.
- Collaborates with key business partners to research potential rate plan changes and/or enhancements in support of risk pricing structural changes.
- Collaborates with the Corporate Underwriting department on any pricing efforts and initiatives needed to support the overall underwriting strategy.
- Develops and implements long term strategies for maintenance, enhancement, and replacement of specific risk selection parameters in support of risk pricing structural changes and the overall national product strategy.
- Division Practices and Procedures (10%)
- Serves as an expert witness in depositions or testimonies related to legal action against the company involving Personal Lines rate plan policies, rules and procedures.
- Researches and develops high-level risk pricing process communications for upper management.
- Represents the division at company meetings and/or participates in programs affecting risk pricing processes.
- Works closely with key stakeholders in the rate revision process pertaining to risk pricing accountabilities.
- Researches, analyzes, and makes recommendations on vendor-provided services and leads the vendor process to support risk pricing needs.
- Regulatory and Legislative Compliance (10%)
- Works with key corporate stakeholders to ensure the regulatory approval of Personal Lines rating process forms.
- Responds to potentially high impact governmental or regulatory inquiries (e.g., market conduct examinations, state mandated surveys, and consumer complaints).
- Attends meetings with departments of insurance, and drafts strategy with the Legal and Government Affairs and Actuarial divisions.
- Testifies at legislative and insurance department hearings on policies, practices and procedures.
- Works with other divisions and departments to ensure implementation of state mandates.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Technical Expertise
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in project management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
- Demonstrates understanding of Personal Lines Insurance products or pricing offerings and services.
- Insurance knowledge and experiences - broad insurance (industry and American Family) knowledge, Personal Lines products and processes knowledge.
- Possesses leadership qualities and the ability to influence others.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills, and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external clients and management at all levels.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 12 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...