Summary: Under general supervision, operates the manual welder and inspects/ensures the production of quality parts. Under general supervision, operates the robotic welder/manual welder and inspects and ensures the production of quality parts.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Ability to run any robot while producing quality parts at an efficient rate.
2. Ability to identify a problem with the robot and getting the right individual involved.
3. Maintain a clean and safe work area by following the clean-up schedule.
4. Must be able to use the computer software to clock in and out of work and in/out of jobs along with checking job count.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required: Other related mechanical and shop experience which includes the following skills and abilities:
1. Ability to understand the basic functions of the robot.
2. Ability to organize and run work in a timely and effective manner.
3. Strong working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in production welding operation.
4. Strong working knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions such as lights, guards, switches, etc.
5. Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.