About Rocket Science
Rocket Science Consulting is an IT & Design firm for small businesses in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City & Portland. For organizations from 2 to 250 staff members, we are your full stack agency. But it's not what we do that's important, it's how we do it. We've got a core philosophy that informs everything we do.
• Service -- Tech Support, reactive to your needs, both onsite and remote
• Engineering -- Projects and yearly Maintenance Programs, proactive technical work that prevents downtime and increases the efficiency of your business
• IT Management -- Strategy and budgeting, visionary work that let's you plan ahead
• IT Operations -- Underpinning it all, we handle vendor management, asset management, warranty maintenance and all the little things that are really, really boring, and really, really useful.
About Rocket Science Employees
You can talk about music, the arts, politics, and food. You can fix an exchange server or XSAN when it breaks. You like to do both at the same time. We like our clients, and we like stuff other than computer related technology. Publishing, architecture, the law, software development, marketing, design. These aren't something we "support"; this is stuff we're interested in. To be an RSC employee, you have be someone who likes meeting and getting to know everyone around you. You have to actually LIKE walking into a room filed with people you don't know and be genuinely interested in what they have to offer YOU, not just what you can offer THEM.
Job Description: Mission Engineer
Job Title: Mission Engineer
Department: Client Operations
Reports To: Flight Leader
Philosophical Umbrella: Service
The Mission Engineer (ME) must rock™. The ME must think and act like a consultant to his/her clients. The ME needs to be personable, be able to build relationships with everyone from the mailroom to the boardroom -- and enjoy doing it. Responsible for day-to-day technical service delivery to a group of Rocket Science clients, the position encompasses fielding tickets; maintaining all parts of the IT infrastructure for their assigned clients; performing root cause analysis where appropriate; escalating client management issues; and regularly sharing ideas for client IT improvement with the assigned client team. Ultimately, the ME is responsible for the SERVICE piece of the pie -- basically the tactical day-to-day IT operations and happiness of assigned clients.
Additionally, the ME provides tactical IT consulting on user-based upgrades and services; coordinates with the assigned Mission Specialist on client-wide upgrades; helps create and/or validates client proposals; promotes other Rocket Science services to existing clients (such as RocketNet, our line of managed services); and participates in pitch meetings with Rocket Science's CEO for potential new clients.
The Mission Engineer delivers daily and weekly maintenance & support to assigned clients.
1. Qualifying and remediating tickets from assigned clients
2. Helping to create and deliver a regular maintenance program for assigned clients
3. Escalating early and often
4. Sharing recommendations for client projects to Mission Specialist for team-based wire framing.
5. Assisting in both project planning and deployment for assigned clients
The infamous "Other Duties as Assigned".
1. Provide day to day consulting to staff at clients regarding software and hardware upgrades and interesting services
2. Help deliver all client wide upgrades and projects
3. Help spec and QA all client proposals
Education, Certifications, Licenses, Experience, Skill or Registrations.
College Degree recommended, Liberal Arts degree preferred. High level of technical skills and understanding needed. Strong ability to troubleshoot. Ability to effectively and professionally communicate in written format. Conversant in non-technical, non-IT related subject matter with a wide variety of people. Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent multi-tasker with a proven track record of successful time management
• Ability to manage expectations of CEOs, Secretaries and everyone in between.
• Microsoft & Apple certifications are a plus
• 3 to 5 years hands-on experience in server administration, troubleshooting and deployment; managing multiple Windows and Mac servers in diverse environments
• Doesn't hate showering
• Hands-on experience working with technologies from Microsoft, Cisco, Juniper, VMware, Sonicwall and other vendors
• Project planning, network design, setup and configuration of networks and servers, testing, and rollout required
• Experience maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory, Open Directory and face jokes
• Understanding of IP networks and IP addressing
• Knowledge of SMTP, DNS (and DDNS), DHCP, VLANs and routing
• Knowledge of VoIP a plus
• Ability to manage the technical aspects of a project from pre-sales to completion
• Good, positive attitude a must.
• Skill with a nunchuck beneficial.
Salary to be determined dependent on experience
• Employee Ownership and REAL input into the direction of the firm
• Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance (100% employer-covered, 50% coverage for dependents) commencing after 90 days of continuous employment at Rocket Science
• Unlimited PTO
• Internal & Supplemented Training
• 401K plan
• Beer Fridays
Rocket Science Consulting - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard