Job Title: Merchandiser
Department: Sales - Ontario, CA
Reports To: Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Visits local customers and performs on-site duties such as cleaning, dusting, rotation and arranging product in store schematics.
1. Operates company vehicle in accordance with company safety policies & procedures
2. Keeping a clean vehicle and personal appearance.
3. Adhering to food-safety regulations and policies
4. Merchandiser works very closely with the Sales Representative & Sales Manager (Carlos Vazquez) on the appearance of product on the shelves in the stores on their route.
5. Stocking, merchandising, code checking, proper rotation and communication with the Sales Representative & Sales Manager (Carlos Vazquez) on issues as they arise.
6. Stock and merchandise product into all chain stores on a designated route.
7. Communicate findings as it relates to spoils, unauthorized items, rejections in receiving and ordering to Sales Manager (Carlos Vazquez) & Customer Service / Sales Associate (Jessica Balbuena).
8. Maybe required to order, stock, and merchandise product into all stores on a designated route on an as needed basis when Sales Representative is on vacation. Provide periodic coverage of sales routes during vacations and emergencies.
9. Establish and maintain excellent customer service relationships, interact with customers in a friendly and timely manner
10. Maintains accurate merchandising logs on a daily basis that are submitted to Customer Service / Sales Associate (Jessica Balbuena).
11. New store opening and store reset merchandising.
12. Performs other related duties as required or requested
- Bilingual in English & Spanish (Verbal, Written & Oral)
- 21+ Years Old & Valid CA Driver’s License – Good Driving Record
- Some or completion of high school
- 1 year experience in merchandising
- Ability to read product labels
- Perform simple mathematic calculations required
- The ability to work in a pressure sensitive environment
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs
- Organized and punctual
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and move up to 125 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.