Angelica Corporation, the leading supplier of linen and laundry services to hospitals in the healthcare market has openings for Route Service Representatives at our commercial laundry facility.
The Route Service Representative (RSR) is responsible for conducting laundry deliveries and pickups from major customer locations. The RSR handles processing paperwork to ensure correct delivery and receipting, and is expected to conduct the delivery vehicle in a safe and efficient manner.
- Verifies that all systems are in order before deliveries, including performing and documenting pre-trip and post trip inspections of power unit and trailer and checking paperwork to make sure everything is in order
- Manually loading and securing full and empty linen carts onto truck and/or trailer beds.
- Maintains a log book to track dates and mileage of deliveries
- Drives the loaded delivery truck on the designated route to complete deliveries and pickups at customer locations
- Conducts linen counts and orders per customer requirements
- Delivers cleaned laundry to the customer, including operating the truck lift gate, handling the unloading of carts from the truck, and placing carts in the appropriate location
- Maintains the security of truck cargo by repositioning carts as needed between deliveries and pickups
- Upholds cleanliness standards by keeping clean and soiled laundry carts separate, as dictated by regional specifications and restrictions
- Upholds safety standards by wearing personal protective equipment while handling soiled laundry
- Verifies all items specified in the delivery receipt were included in the delivery, and obtain a confirmation signature from a facility representative
- Upon finishing scheduled deliveries and pickups, return to plant and unload soiled laundry carts for processing
- Prepares the truck for the next shift, including making sure equipment is fueled and clean, removing any personal items, and putting keys and delivery receipts in proper areas
- Reports any customer feedback or vehicle problems to the supervisor
- Occasionally fills in for an absent driver, or perform a supplemental delivery, as needed
- A minimum of 2 years delivery experience
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record (3 years), pass DOT background check & physical examination
- Great people skills, communications skills & great client relations and customer service skills
- Able to read, write & count
- Computer skills
- Ability to control inventory and push and pull heavy carts on a regular basis
- Able to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and have the physical ability to move rolling carts of varying weights – up to and exceeding approximately 250lbs.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Strong teamwork skills- ready and willing to work closely with team members
- Open to and able to work day or night shifts, and willing to rotate shifts depending on need
- Open to long hours and working weekends (Sat/Sun)
Transportation & Logistics
Full or Part-Time
The working environment includes working indoors and outside of Company production facilities and client locations with variations in temperature, odors, noise, humidity, lint, dust, chemicals and other hazards. The position requires considerable sitting, typing and the ability to move objects of exceeding 50 pounds. Pushing/pulling of laundry carts with weights of 250 lbs is common with some cart weights exceeding 600 lbs. Safety toe shoes are required and other personal protective equipment may be required depending on work assignments. The position requires the ability to communicate in person, telephonically and via email.
By applying to this job you are applying to pooling requisition and not to a specific position. If a specific position comes available and your application is reviewed you will be contacted for further information. Please keep in mind that all applications expire 30 days from applying. If you would like to still be considered for an opening after the 30 day time frame please log back into your profile and reapply to the position so that it will reset the 30 day timer.
Angelica - 5 months ago
Angelica Corporation is a provider of outsourced linen management services to the United States healthcare industry. The Company has...