Join Waste Connections, Inc. and Connect with the Future!
Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row, Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the U. S. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 31 states.
We are currently seeking a high energy and motivated individual with strong leadership qualities to learn the Waste business at our Knoxville, TN hauling operation.
The Route Supervisor's r esponsibilities include :
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Manages the day-to-day hauling operations, and provide daily support to ensure quality and budget performance.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes the Market’s strategic capital budget, ensuring effective use of the budget through asset allocation; ensures appropriate spare ratios and asset disposal.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and retraining.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the District Manager.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Interacts with local city, municipal, and county agencies to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- 3+ years supervisory experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in transportation, and/or logistics services . Experience with companies such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, and Loomis can be a good match.
- Bachelors degree preferred .
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements.
- Must be willing to relocate
- Majority of work will be conducted hands on in the field.
- Must have a Class B CDL with air brakes or the ability to obtain one.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)
Waste Connections - 18 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...