There are a variety of exciting projects to work on at Marquee Media
including an ad server that handles billions of requests per month, advanced
data analysis systems and custom CMS software responsible for intelligently
displaying relevant content that caters to readers’ interests.
We're looking for someone
How to impress us
- who loves Rails and Rack and keeps up to date with the latest and greatest
- who loves clean HTML & CSS and prides themselves on creating quality Ruby code
- who loves testing (Test Unit or Rspec)
- who lives near New York City (or who is willing to move to NYC) who will work in our office
- with good communication skills. You will be pairing with other developers and be part of a team
- with good organization skills, who keep track of current tasks, and always be on time
- who is a self learner. As developers we're all problem solvers, so we need someone who can make good assumptions and search for solutions before asking for help.
- who continuously takes action to improve their skills through books, practice, and maybe even going to conferences
- who has their own Mac notebook you can bring to work. We all own our own notebooks.
- Show us a webapp you created from start to finish (with no help).
- Show us open source projects you've worked on (with tested code).
- Show us an awesome portfolio or GitHub link. Talk to us about how you write clean code.
Marquee Media - 8 months ago