Our code is written in Ruby and runs on the Rails stack backed by a MySQL database. Our infrastructure is hosted on Amazon via cloud services. We are looking for a programming superstar to join our team of gifted hardware and software virtuosos. You have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of helping transform an industry with web-based software while making a profound impact on water conservation and helping support our Save Water, Give Life cause.
- Develop new SmartLink application features that support the expanding business opportunities and requirements
- Help maintain existing code base and optimize for maximum scalability
- Work with the hardware engineering team to optimize hardware and software integration.
- Help identify new software features that can drive additional revenue growth
- Coordinate with contract software developers to maximize development efficiencies.
- Ruby on Rails 3.x experience
- Good knowledge of MySQL
- Functional knowledge of Ruby socket programming
- Evidence of good user experience design skills
- Candidate must provide examples of functional Ruby applications and clean code
- Amazon AWS experience, EC2/S3/SQS/SES
- Resque / Redis
- API Design using Rabl
- 2 years ago - save job