Seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer. Need someone strong as this is our client's first project that will entail using Ruby. The effort will be to take a current insurance website that the client uses as a portal for its members and completely redesigning it to bring it into the present with added functionality and adding a mobile component (Ruby) that did not exist before.
Other option is to find someone with the needed skills and they will be taught Ruby on Rails (what a fantastic opportunity)
The developer we are looking for must be able to fill a Ruby on Rails development position. We are searching for developers who possess experience in like technologies as well as the passion to learn and become an expert in a new technology, specifically Ruby and Rails.
The new developer must have be a solid web developer as they will be pushed to learn a new technology while maintaining solid fundamentals that they have learned elsewhere. It is probable that the developer we hire will do work solely in the new technology so he or she must be comfortable in a position where they will be immersed in Ruby.
With the above in mind these are the specific attributes we are looking in a new hire:
• Strong desire and ability to learn a new technology.
• Ability to learn in a dynamic environment. Timing likely will not allow for formal classes/training. Training will likely be on the job, books, and tutorials. (We do have a solid Rails developer on staff already)
• 1 year experience with CSS
• 1 year experience with HTML
• 1 year experience with Java Script
• Solid coding skills and aptitude
• At least 2 years experience with any web development platform. Ideally:
The Goal,Inc. - 21 months ago