This key position conveys to the members a professional image of VyStar, works to develop and encourage strong team participation within the Member Services area to obtain individual, branch and organizational growth goals. Fosters a “can do” attitude to successfully motivate staff to strive towards goal objectives by understanding and supporting the credit union’s yearly business plan and their branch’s relationship building and service objectives. Maintains a high level of participation within VyStar’s leadership team and promotes reinforcement and support of decisions rendered by the credit union and/or management. Successfully establishes strong member (personal and business) relationships and teaches relationship building techniques to member service staff. Responsible for managing the member service staff and the branch’s financial and relationship building success. Understands ramifications of errors may subject the credit union to losses and/or litigation. Adheres to the Standards of Excellence and behaviors associated with VyStar Excellence. Under limited supervision has the following responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
For branches that do not have a Teller Supervisor the following duties are also expected:
- Trains, monitors, coaches and develops member service staff on a daily basis. Provides on-going training for all member service staff as changes are implemented.
- Incumbents are expected to spend approximately 50% of their time coaching and developing member service staff.
- Obtains certification through the Relationship Specialist Certification Program to ensure incumbents have the knowledge necessary to be successful in this position.
- Effectively cross-sells products and services offered by VyStar Credit Union and VyStar Financial Group.
- Teaches cross-selling techniques on a daily basis as well as tips on how to recognize opportunities to cross-sell. Monitors the cross-selling techniques and performance of member service staff daily and recommends areas for improvement, as necessary.
- Ensures the member service staff is delivering a consistent high level of quality member service. Maintains excellent service levels by inspiring a “sense of urgency” and effectively scheduling.
- Counsels members on financial matters, i.e., loans, investments and services to enhance full use of credit union services. Interviews members as deemed appropriate.
- Interviews members for advance requests as necessary. Gathers information that is used to determine the member’s credit worthiness and ability to repay, verifies income and employment data and completes required system entries for system review and/or review by the Lending Services department, so a decision can be made on the request. Completes required loan documentation as necessary.
- Processes loan applications for home equity loans, prepares related disclosures for the member(s) to sign and handles the closing of these loans.
- Processes loan applications for first mortgages and assists members with choosing the product that best fits their needs.
- Consistently monitors and reviews loans currently being processed or in pending status to ensure proper compliance in all areas of lending and to ensure loans are acted on or disbursed in a timely manner.
- Conducts member service meetings on a daily and weekly basis to ensure staff is informed of new information and to review member service reports in relation to individual and branch performance.
- Communicates with employees to motivate and educate them to enhance their performance.
- Evaluates staff by conducting side-by-side observations and written evaluations.
- Prepares and administers disciplinary write-ups as necessary.
- Prepares and administers end of probation and annual performance appraisals.
- Establishes and delivers “action” or development plans for improvement and continued success for the Member Service staff. Monitors progress and holds follow-up meetings to discuss. Takes additional action as necessary.
- Works to resolve employee complaints and improve performance deficiencies.
- Monitors the workplace environment for personnel problems and situations that could warrant advising management of pending difficulties.
- Schedules member service staff, monitors adherence to schedule and punctuality.
- Reviews and approves electronic time cards for member service staff.
- Provides support and assistance to member service staff with unusual member problems or issues.
- Creates reports for monitoring and tracking service levels, member service volume and the performance of team members for incentive, evaluation and development purposes.
- Reviews new accounts opened to ensure accuracy and to determine that polices and procedures are being followed.
- Handles member problems or complaints and refers exceptional problems or situations requiring deviation from established policies and procedures to the Branch Vice President.
- Responds to branch alarm calls after hours.
- In their absence, acts as Branch Vice President when necessary.
- Participates in the Member Relationship Specialist Supervisor Forum to recommend changes and updates to various procedures and processes to improve efficiency and strengthen the effective delivery of services. As the situation dictates, may join a “process team” to execute enhancements.
- Delegates specific duties to member service staff as required.
- Regularly responsible for opening and/or closing branch.
- Involved in civic and community activities to promote goodwill and develop new business relationships, as the market dictates.
- The employee must meet and maintain all the requirements as a registered mortgage loan originator employed by a Federally regulated Institution with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). The employee must comply with all provisions of the Act as defined in the Secure and Fair Enforcement of Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act) and credit union S.A.F.E. Act Procedures.
Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job.
- Monitors daily performances of subordinates providing technical assistance by answering questions regarding VyStar services, policies and procedures.
- Resolves routine member inquiries or complaints, researches errors on member’s accounts and within established authority, approving exceptional transactions or recommending actions to the Branch Vice President.
- Ensures teller staff is delivering a consistently high level of quality member service. Maintains excellent service levels by inspiring a sense of urgency and effective scheduling.
- Operates a cash drawer when needed, paying and receiving cash on all types of personal and business transactions. Uses each member contact as an opportunity to cross-sell credit union products and services.
- Ensures ATMs are balanced under dual control and have adequate supplies of documents and currency.
- Ensures night depository transactions are posted according to procedure.
- Ensures TCD’s and/or TCR’s are balanced under dual control and have adequate supplies of document and currency.
- Responsible for ordering, balancing and maintaining vault and working stock for both preloaded Gift Cards and RSVP cards in branch.
- Responsible for or assists in the branch’s safe deposit boxes. Which may including opening, closing, drilling, settling monthly reports, and retention of records.
- May be responsible for or assist in the monitoring and balancing of all branch general ledgers (daily and monthly).
- Directs the Lead teller in maintaining cash over & short logs and reports out of balance conditions according to procedure
- Assist the Lead Teller for ensuring daily branch balancing and closing procedures are followed in accordance with procedure.
- Assist the Lead Teller in verifying and ordering cash to operate department efficiently. Adheres to branch cash operating limit per procedure.
- Cash Vault responsibilities as assigned.
- Incumbent must be alert to the potential of robbery and fraud.
- Empowered to make decisions and exceptions to Teller procedures when necessary.
- Expected to assist the Lead Teller with coaching and developing teller staff
- Monitors the Lead Teller in training, monitoring, coaching and developing teller department on a daily basis. Ensure the Lead Teller is providing on-going training for teller staff as changes are implemented.
- Ensure the Lead Teller is monitoring on-the-job training for newly assigned personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring the Lead Teller is conducting quarterly up training of teller staff. Reports progress and may recommend new or additional methods as applicable.
- Assists the Lead Teller with counseling Tellers having balancing difficulties and makes recommendations to the Branch Vice-President for resolution.
- Ensures the Lead Teller is communicating with employees to motivate and educate them to enhance their performance.
- Ensures the Lead Teller is monitoring the workplace environment for personnel problems and situations that could warrant advising Branch Vice President of pending difficulties.
- Responsible for verbal and written counseling of Teller Specialists and Lead Tellers when necessary with the input and assistance of the Lead Teller. Ensures appropriate documentation of counseling, appropriate documentation of warning and appropriate documentation of action plans with the assistance of the Lead Teller.
- Ensures the Lead Teller is routinely conducting teller meetings as needed to ensure staff is informed of new information.
- Ensures the Lead Teller participates in quarterly up training/coaching programs to ensure incumbent has and maintains the knowledge necessary to be successful in this position.
- Responsible for ensuring the Lead Teller is implementing and tracking a branch teller referral program.
- Ensures that the Lead teller completes side by side observation during the first week’s of window exposure.
- Meets periodically with Branch VP to review development of teller department.
- Prepares and administers with the assistance of the Lead Teller; teller reviews, end of probation, and annual performance appraisals for Teller Specialists and Lead Tellers.
- Maintains confidentiality when dealing with employee issues.
- Assist the Lead Teller in completing standard or special reports as required by policy and procedure or as assigned by the Branch Vice-President.
- Assists the Lead Teller and Branch VP with monthly SMP requirements as assigned.
- Administer Lead Teller steps monthly.
- Review and approve electronic time cards for the Lead Teller and Tellers.
- Participates in Teller Supervisor forum to recommend changes and updates to various procedures and processes to improve efficiency and strengthen the effective delivery of services.
- Will occasionally lift & carry heavy coin and cash boxes weighing 50 pounds. Incumbent is expected to follow procedures on the Info Center regarding the proper way to lift heavy objects.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including Teller duties.
Focus Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your client or member.
Connect Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care.
Understand Listen empathetically and ask questions. (70%/30%)
Counsel Recommend solutions based on your clients or member’s needs and objectives.
Advance Ensure that member's expectations were exceeded.
Verify necessary follow-up action.”
DISCLAIMERS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The position description is intended to be an accurate account of the essential functions. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As required or requested, may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Experience and Education:
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A congenial attitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills and the ability to relate well with others are required.
- Must possess strong teaching and mentoring skills and a commitment to quality service. Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment and have a strong desire to assist members in meeting their financial needs.
- A minimum of three years experience with a financial institution in a position of loan or financial interviewing, credit investigation, credit decision making and direct member/customer service contact is preferred.
- A minimum of two years in a leadership or supervisory position is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
An Associates Degree is required and a four-year undergraduate degree is preferred. Work and/or supervisory experience may be substituted for the Associates Degree.
VyStar Credit Union - 19 months ago