Cardno EM-Assist's ( www.CardnoEM-Assist.com ) Environmental Compliance Division is seeking an experienced Safety Manager to oversee the safety program at the Plum Island Animal Decease Control Facility located on Plum Island New York.
Essential Job Duties:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Coordinate safety efforts for the facility maintenance and support contractor at a Federal Facility.
- Conduct safety training.
- Perform site and shop inspections
- Oversee proper implementation of OSHA related safety programs (such as Lock-out/Tag-out, confined space, personal protective equipment).
- Work closely with the Environmental manager and fire department personnel on overlapping programs (e.g. HAZCOM, emergency response, training, etc.).
- Daily travel to client site.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Five or more years in Safety related regulatory compliance programs ideally working with a Federal Agency and experience interacting with state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of Software.
- Experience managing multiple regulatory compliance programs such as Lockout/Tagout; confined space entry; Personnel protective equipment, etc, especially in research facilities and/or laboratories.
- A Safety Credential (such as a Certified Safety Professional)
Bachelor's degree required
- Expertise maintaining an OHSAS 18001 or VPP Safety Program.
- Experienced Safety auditor/inspector.
- The ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
- Excellent computer skills.
Plum Island, NY
Based on experience and qualifications. Cardno EM-Assist offers competitive benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Target Start Date: