Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
BREWTON H&S Leader
Provide H&S leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of the MBM framework and Guiding Principles. Ensure systems effectively address facility’s H&S risk profile. Develop and/or align facility H&S strategy according to the business/enterprise H&S plan. Facilitate H&S ownership by the line organization.
- Bachelors degree in Safety, Risk Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years H&S experience in industrial or manufacturing
- Computer Proficiency
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization (management, supervisory and hourly)
- Process Safety Management experience
- Previous leadership role in safety management
- Experience in pulp and paper, heavy manufacturing and/or chemical processes
- Experience in Behavior Based Safety (BBS)
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Provides leadership and direction to achieve the H&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership.
- A shared H&S vision has been developed and is integrated into the organization.
- Employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding H&S.
- Activities are coordinated with contractors.
- Incentive metrics are performance based (i.e. leading indicators) in addition to outcome based (i.e. trailing indicator).
- Facilitates H&S ownership by the line organization through integration of the H&S Management System.
- H&S system elements are integrated into the line organization’s responsibilities and expectations.
- Compliance standard owners are in place for each subject matter area.
- Leads the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazards.
- Facility has assessed and evaluated identified risks.
- An effective change management process is in place.
- Provide support to the Behavior Based Safety Steering Team to sustain and improve the process as needed.
- An industrial hygiene monitoring plan that includes monitoring activities and guidance in the implementation of controls to minimize exposure has been established.
- Assists facility leadership with the development of short and long-term H&S objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks.
- A planning system is in place that addresses the needs of the facility.
- Action plans address the facility’s culture and risk.
- Ensures the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors.
- Employees have an understanding of H&S regulations (OSHA, State, GP).
- Ensures there is a system in place for a facility to sustain and improve performance.
- Management reviews are routinely conducted and plans are adjusted as necessary.
- An active investigation team participates in incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action development and implementation.
- Manage the Workers Compensation insurance policy and program as required by law.
- Utilizes development plans to grow H&S skills and knowledge.
- Effectively communicates the Facility Health & Safety vision and performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- H&S data is captured in facility and corporate databases.
- The facility’s H&S website provides functional and up to date information.
- H&S records are managed in accordance with records management and the applicable H&S standard.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- 2 years ago - save job