The Sales & Catering Coordinator is responsible for clerical, administrative, and other duties to assist in the smooth operation of the Sales and Catering department. We are seeking a coordinator who is able to multi-task, proficient in all Windows based software such as word, excel, powerpoint, some publisher and ability to work with web based programs as needed. S/he will also work with in house systems such as Delphi to produce timely in house Banquet Event Orders (BEO), assist with direct billing inquiries with contracts, ensure professional telephone coverage during business hours. Prior front office/reservations in hotel setting preferred.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner. *Maintain confidential information obtained from Sales manager/DOS/ADOS
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
• Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees. • Answer telephone, direct calls, take and relay messages and return calls.
• Responsible for responding to, and coordinating all catering inquiries.
• Attend meetings and take minutes as directed.
• Input data into database.
• Provide administrative support as assigned.
• Manage existing files and create new ones as needed.
• Greet clients in a friendly and professional manner.
• Maintain and stay abreast of the latest computer programs/innovations (as applicable).
• Maintain a central purchase order system for office supplies.
• Periodically review departmental reader files for correct use of form letters.
• Maintain adequate supplies for copy , fax and postage machines and coordinate repair services.
• Familiarize new managers office procedures and policies.
• Handle VIP room reservations as requested
• Coordinate all hotel travel arrangements for sales trips and annual meetings.
• Handle all outgoing mail for department * Responsible for maintaining and logging all RFP for company * Complete all month end data for reports in coordination with DOS/ADOS needs * Enter all data corresponding to sales contracts, proposals, BEO’s or daily event sheets as necessary Marginal:
• Order all business cards for management staff.
• Assist all departments in creation of collateral for special promotional projects.
• Maintain trace files as necessary.
• Order office supplies.
• Attend meetings/training as required by management.
• Perform other duties as requested from management. *** All potential employees of Crestline Hotels & Resorts will be subject to pre-employment drug testing, criminal background screening, employment verification and social security number verification
Education & Experience:
• Experience in a hotel or related industry helpful.
• College course work in related field helpful.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be proficient in company-approved word processing and spreadsheet applications as evidenced by the ability to troubleshoot spreadsheets and basic PC problems.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts - 19 months ago