Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Sales Account Executive - Key Accounts in the San Francisco, CA area.
The Sales Account Executive – Key Accounts position is designed to focus and capitalize on the increasing number of multi-site customers with high value and growth potential in North America and to a limited extent globally. This role will require a combination of strategic thinking, broad-based account planning and execution skills, and effectiveness interfacing with key personnel at the Corporate, Regional, and Field levels.
The Key Accounts Manager position will manage 15 – 20 multi site customers focused on building our wallet share, revenue and profit. The incumbent will partner with the Field Sales, Commercial Technology and other stakeholders to develop and execute account management and growth strategies. Candidates must demonstrate proven capabilities in corporate account management, outstanding written and oral communications skills, financial accumen, market, customer and competitive analysis skills.
1. Translate multi-site growth strategy into a rigorous and executable plan for the Key Accounts portfolio
2. Generate account-level actions plans for retaining and growing the account over a 12-36 month horizon, with measurable interim goals and targets (penetration, cross-sell, etc.)
3. Deliver on established price targets, new business and retention as determined by Key Accounts Group Manager
4. Develop and maintain relationships with key client contacts and foster an environment to drive cross-sell/up-sell and minimize attrition risk
5. Demonstrate strong cross-functional working knowledge of Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, CT, core industry segments, Legal, Operations and Logistics.
6. Manage complicated interfaces with Legal, Region, Product and Industry Managers to achieve Key Account objectives
7. Drive success through a complicated network of teams that include Focused Area Account Managers, Field Sales, Central Sales, Product Management and sometimes their global counterparts
8. Develop and lead ongoing customer business reviews
• Prior assignments in Sales, Sales Management, Product Management, Commercial Technology and Marketing beneficial
• A minimum of 10 years experience with significant time spent in, or in-depth exposure to the Merchant Gases business
• Undergraduate degree required; MBA desirable
• Strong strategic leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently, build complicated account strategies and willingness to travel extensively
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, pension and retirement plans.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had revenues of $10.1 billion, operations in over 40 countries, and 18,900 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #11504BR.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a leading industrial gases company. For nearly 75 years, the company has provided atmospheric, process and...