Greets all guests in a timely and engaging manner, assists guest in making their purchase, rings sales on the register, give correct change and sales receipt, and bags merchandise.
Maintains floor standards and guest service standards.
Use Selling Skills training techniques to increase units per transaction.
Use product knowledge to offer additional/alternative items to drive sales.
Folds and hangs merchandise, replenishes stock (including cigarettes, cigars, sundries, magazines, newspapers, candy, gum, chips, and sodas), maintains stock on racks, shelves, glass cases and armoires.
Directs guest requests to the Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager.
Assists in preparation of physical inventory or cycle counts, including counting and performing inventory.
Performs shift housekeeping duties to maintain tidy appearance of sales floor.
Follows cash handling procedures (including counting cash, checks, charges, comps and completing settlement cards and envelopes).
Fills out deposit form and returns bank to Satellite Cage.
Works professionally in multiple store environments.
Maintains a strong sense of pride and responsibility for the maintenance of shopping area.
Sets and achieves personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the store and team.
Uses Selling Skills techniques by asking open-ended questions to determine customer needs, thereby driving the sale.
Exceeds customer expectations by offering sincere feedback and establishing trust.
Demonstrates knowledge of merchandise by suggesting additional and/or alternative items thus increasing units per transaction and the average dollar sale.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong ability to interact with customers to ensure a high level of guest service.
- Be flexible with schedule.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Previous experience working in a luxury or similar resort.
MGM Resorts International
- 3 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...