Dana Safety Supply of Tampa is seeking a Retail Salesperson. This individual will obtain or receive merchandise, total bills, accept payment, and make change for customers in retail store by performing the following duties.
• Stock shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise.
• Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
• Stamp, mark, or tag price on merchandise.
• Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer.
• Answer customer’s questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
• Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
• Accept payment and make change. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
• Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift.
• Calculate sales discount to determine price.
• Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock, and order merchandise.
• Keep the showroom clean and orderly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Previous retail or customer service experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual.
• Ability to speak effectively with customers.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
• Must be able to work with minimum amount of supervision under stressful conditions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift items up to 75 lbs. Pre-employment screening is required. Drug Free Workplace EOE/MWDV
Scott-McRae Group - 17 months ago