This position is to provide production support in an SAP environment. The candidate will be Sr. SAP ABAP Development Team Lead on the support team which ensures the successful operation of production systems.
• The team includes TSNA staff and client staff / end users. Resource will report to TSNA SAP Delivery Manager.
• This position is at a client site in San Francisco, California.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• SAP Technical Consultants (Senior) are responsible for the design, planning, delivery and enhancement of technical SAP solutions using SAP Business Integration Technologies.
• They generally work in a project environment connecting the SAP applications with non-SAP systems or create add-ons to the core SAP functionality to meet customer specific requirements.
• Incumbents collaborate closely with Functional SAP Consultants, to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options according to the customer’s activities.
• Lead the T-Systems Mexico Development Team in support of the McKesson AMS Project
o Design, Develop and maintain application interfaces (permanent and one-time), reports, conversion programs. Prepare detailed specifications, from which programs will be written, design, code, test, debug, and document programs.
o Formulate and define development scope and objectives and devise/modify procedures to solve business problems.
o Utilize SAP integration API’s and third party tools to integrate SAP applications and non-SAP applications.
o Estimate development efforts as an input for pre-sales activities and project planning
o Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts
o Will lead projects and regularly coach other project personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices
o Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
o Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
o Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written and ensure production and quality of applications meets specifications and defined standards
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Any other work as described and assigned by the Service Delivery Manager.
Regular, predictable attendance.
Broad knowledge of various technical functions.
Understanding of the impact of development activities within a SAP project scope.
Understanding of the SAP data model and data repository.
Command of SAP development environment with ABAP.
JAVA for SAP or SAP Portal Development Skills would be a plus.
Deep knowledge of table structures and user exits in at least one functional SAP area.
Expert skills with ABAP/4 language, Structured Query Language (SQL), SAPscript, IDOC’s concept, RFC/BAPI development and ALE.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or technically related field required.
T-Systems North America, Inc.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) connects people and markets worldwide! Deutsche Telekom is one of the leading international companies in ICT. With round about 235.000 employees in 50 countries, we provide innovative solutions to our clients. T-Systems is one of the three successful brands of Deutsche Telekom. We serve large customers and multinational companies through our global infrastructure of data centers and networks. With the help of innovative technology we develop integrated solutions for connected life and work. Let us together shape the world of tomorrow!
Deutsche Telekom - 12 months ago