Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit required application materials without delay as this posting may close at any time without notice.
Who You Are:
You live and breathe data. Creativity is your middle name. You are a seasoned SAP BI/DW Administrator Senior who has a proven track record of driving the adoption and implementation of SAP's Enterprise Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse reporting solutions for an organization. You are motivated and organized. You have a strong ability to influence and you are passionate about serving customers. You are at ease being the primary interface to a specific line of business - focusing on delivering the highest value. You use your effective communication and leadership skills in order to collaborate with all organizational levels - from business stakeholders to technology teams and business customers. You are excited by the idea of working in a public sector environment where you are encouraged and empowered to constantly improve processes. You are a confident and inspiring presenter of technical information to a non-technical audience in a style which is relevant and impactful. You have strong technical, analytical, and relationship-building skills. You are an excellent team player. You are looking for a role that you can have a big impact with a wide variety of SAP functional and technical areas. You enjoy learning new things.
Your Next Challenge:
- Work as a member of the SAP Team in the Business Intelligence area to help shape and drive the development of Multnomah County’s business intelligence initiatives including the data warehouse, reporting and analytical applications.
- Shape business problems and opportunities into solutions that deliver business value.
- Drive continuous process development and improvement leveraging best industry practices.
- Enhance the business intelligence environment by further building business intelligence infrastructure.
- Provide both strategic and operational reporting for new and existing business initiatives.
- Maintain current awareness of evolving methodologies, technologies, and tools for business intelligence and reporting.
- Work independently and contribute within a team environment.
- Be initiative and creative.
Education and Training : Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with major coursework in business administration, finance, human resource administration, computer science, information systems or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. AND
Experience: Five (5) years of increasingly responsible work experience which required expertise in one or more functional areas served by the ERP (SAP) system such as Finance, Human Resources, Material Management or Project Management; AND include three (3) years of experience managing moderately complex projects; including experience interpreting and analyzing information system requirements and developing complex solutions and experience configuring an ERP (SAP) system. AND
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Business Intelligence & Business Warehouse Consultation:
Upgrade, Maintain and Enhance SAP:
- Ability to make decisions about using standard extractor, BI content, or to enhance the supplied BI extractors and content, or to build custom extractors and content. be able to explain these choices and demonstrate an ROI for the choices.
- Ability to audit and assess validity of data in SAP and recommend SAP system and/or business process changes to improve data integrity.
- Experience and in depth understanding of the SAP products related to reporting including Solution manager and SAP Business Objects.
- Knowledge of technical principles, theories, and concepts as related to Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Analytics and Data Management.
- Knowledge and skill providing information used to make business decisions using data mining and querying, reporting, and business analytics.
SAP Data Base Knowledge, Standards, Processes, and Strategy:
- Knowledge of SAP bi configuration of BW data objects including info-objects, info-sources, info-cubes, transfer/update rules, infoProviders, multi-providers, DataStore Objects (DSO’s) and PSA maintenance.
- Knowledge and skill writing business cases, gathering requirements, creating design/functional specifications, creating technical specifications, performing gap analysis, and researching technical and functional solutions. this includes the ability to assess detailed business requirements for operations, analytic and executive reporting to design, develop and support business intelligence solutions.
- Ability to analyze existing reports and recommend new ones, design and write queries and other reports using SAP tools including BW web reporting and web cockpit design and development.
- Knowledge and skill designing and mock-ups of reports including inputs and outputs.
- Knowledge and skill to complete complex configuration and development for reporting solutions that include program changes, performance tuning, debugging, and unit testing. This includes working with SAP ABAP development environment (ABAP programs, date dictionary objects, infosets, R/3 extraction routines, transfer and update rules, transports).
- Knowledge and ability to research, analyze, apply, and test SAP support packages regularly to ensure up-to-date SAP functionality.
- Ability to identify and solve problems and negotiate with SAP for fixes. This includes monitoring OSS Notes, creating and monitoring OSS Messages.
- Knowledge of SAP Security, authorization and authentication. Skill in maintaining integrity and security of SAP BI/BW and data warehouse databases.
- Knowledge of various extraction and integration methods with SAP ECC, SAP SRM, BI/BW, and other ecosystems applications including SAP Portals/Netweaver.
- Knowledge of ETL, OLAP, XI, PI technologies.
- Knowledge and skill integrating Finance, Budget, SRM, HR Data in data warehousing and reporting solutions.
- Knowledge and skill defining BI/BW strategies, standards, and processes.
- Knowledge of SAP BI/BW and data warehouse database architecture, meta data management, master data management, data stewardship, technical standards and best practices.
- Knowledge or complex theoretical and technical concepts required for the SAP BI/BW database.
- Knowledge and skill of data warehouse modeling to transform business data and processes into their appropriate logical application system representation using best practice approaches (Ex. Kimball, Inmon) for dimensional and multi-dimensional modeling. This includes knowledge and skill developing and facilitating a data governance model.
- Knowledge of index management of BW Data and BW Accelerator indexing.
- Knowledge and skill of data modeling to transform business data and processes into their appropriate logical application system representation.
- Ability to coordinate SAP BI&BW functionality with other technology groups, as necessary (WEB, SAP Development, Applications, SAP Basis, SAP Security).
Customer Support & Training:
- Knowledge and skill developing and delivering one on one and group training on SAP BI/BW and data warehousing reporting systems.
Other: Ability to pass a criminal background screen.
The Application Packet:
A standard on-line Multnomah County Employment Application .
A resume that indicates how you meet the required technical knowledge and skills. Include the resume in the Text Resume section or attach the document to the on-line application. Be sure to explain in detail all related work experience paid or unpaid.
Please do not include transcripts, reference letters or other non-requested documentation. If additional documentation is needed it will be requested during the verification process.
Who We Are:
Located in Portland, OR and serving 748,031 citizens of Multnomah County. We are committed to providing exceptional customer service. Multnomah County is governed by a five member Board of County Commissioners (BCC) with four of the commissioners elected from geographic districts and the County Chair who is elected at-large and serves as the chief executive officer for the County. The Board of County Commissioners each serve four-year terms with a two term limit.
Type: Union Classification
The County has 4,526 full-time equivalent positions, an annual budget of almost $1.5 billion, and 10 operating departments (Sheriff, District Attorney, Auditor, Human Services, Community Services, Health, Library, Community Justice, County Management, and County Assets).
Multnomah County’s Department of County Assets (DCA) plans for, acquires, and manages County operating assets. The department coordinates use of the tools and infrastructure County employees and programs need to provide community services efficiently and effectively. Programs within the department include:
Multnomah County’s Information Technology Division is a dynamic organization aligning itself with emerging industry trends.
- Facilities and Property Management including Fleet and Electronics;
- Information Technology, and
- Administrative Services Hub that provides human resources, procurement, contracting, finance, budget, internal service rate-setting, capital planning, accounts payable, records, distribution services and other administrative services to DCA, the Department of County Management (DCM) and non-departmental agencies and offices.
Multnomah County is an excellent employer who offers:
- Excellent Employee Benefits including health, dental, disability and life insurance
- Defined Benefit Pension after 5 years of vesting
- 6% of Salary Contribution to Retirement Employer paid directly by the County (New hires vest within 6 months of service)
- The ability to maintain a great work/life balance
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting - Occasional
- Limited travel, primarily local
- Little to no over-time
- Training opportunities
- Annual public transit pass
Multnomah County, OR - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard