The SAP BI Reporting Analyst will be the primary architect of our company’s reporting solutions, including SAP BW/BI, Business Objects (BOBJ) and RoamBI reporting solutions. The position will work as part of a team to deliver large scale business solutions and enhanced reporting & analysis in a fast paced, growing company.
The ideal candidate will possess a comprehensive knowledge of SAP BusinessObjects XI, Crystal Reports, Crystal Decisions, Web Intelligence, Xcelsius, and other Business Objects products. The candidate must possess very strong back end expertise, including data model design, ETL processing, as well as query building and possess strong analytical and communication skills and be able to work well with minimal direction. Candidate must have experience within the SD or FI/CO areas of SAP in building and supporting associated BW/BOBJ objects and reports.
The position will require: requirements gathering, design, build, test, deploy, and post production support & documentation activities for the company’s complete reporting environment. It will also require the ability to work with end users to understand their business and reporting needs and architect reporting solutions to satisfy those needs.
Essential Job Functions:
Work at Strategic Level
- Lead the technical aspects of the delivery of SAP BI, BobJ, and RoamBI solutions & related components: Hardware/Software oversight (selection/sizing/configuration recommendation & execution), tools selection, solution architecture and implementation.
- Understand business challenges & address them using SAP BI, BobJ, RoamBI solutions
- Provide guidance on system performance aspects and work across business/technology teams to ensure alignment between business solution definition & systems architecture for the organization.
- Create governance models, operational procedures, solution road-maps covering reporting, planning and consolidations application portfolio with SAP BI tools.
- Work to develop BI strategies for the company.
- Work with cross-functional teams in planning and executing necessary reporting projects and change management initiatives
Functional Analysis and Design
- Create and/or validate project plans required for the implementation of BI solutions
- Validate timelines and lead BI projects according to these timelines
- Provide reports and escalations to executive management as necessary
- Architect BI solutions
Technical Design and Delivery
- Gather and analyze needs and requirements of various business departments
- Assess BI solutions and suggest enhancements
- Facilitate workshops through the analysis and design of reports and reporting solutions
- Assist department managers & directors in identifying KPI’s and performance metrics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develop custom reports and customize existing BI, BobJ, and RoamBI reports
- Design and build custom infocubes and DSO’s.
- Design and implement ETL processes
- Identify and assist with the compilation of test scripts
- Identify and resolve BI performance issues
- Identify and perform BI maintenance activities
- Integrate Business Objects tools with BW
- Advise on technical BI design considerations
Work Experience Qualifications:
- Analyst & Team Lead Experience
- Data Warehousing (Including reporting, extraction, modeling and transformation rules)
- Data Services experience
- SAP BW
- BI ABAP and Object Oriented ABAP experience
- Business Objects Enterprise XI, Universe Design, Data Services, Xcelisus, Webi, Crystal Reports
- Experience with other BI toolsets (e.g. RoamBI, Hyperion, Cognos, etc.) a plus.
- Experience in other areas such as Portals, ODBC and Mobile BI Solutions
- Must have strong experience is data modeling and experience in SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI its new capabilities.
- Extensively worked in design and development of custom Extractors from ECC.
- Experience in extraction of data from ECC using the standard content and development of BI Objects like Data source, DSO, Cube, Multi Provider, Open Hub and Process Chain etc.
- Should have strong knowledge in ECC 6.0 particularly in SD & FI/CO areas.
- Knowledge to write ABAP Code where necessary is nice to have.
- Ability to understand the reporting required and determines which BOBJ tool will better fit to satisfy the reporting requirement.
- Should have extensive knowledge is creating reports using Webi, Crystal, Universe, Information Design Tool, Xcelsius.
- Ability to pull data from multiple sources like BI, ECC and other system and merge the data for Reporting in BOBJ Tool.
- Must maintain strong attention to detail and place a high premium on accuracy
Education and/or Certifications:
- At least 5 years technical implementation experience in SAP BW
- At least 2 years of Business Objects Technical experience, including Crystal Reports, Excelsius & Webi
- Must have in-depth functional knowledge of either the SAP SD or FI modules, preferably both
- Track record of Solution delivery
- Must understand how to integrate data from multiple sources systems, including legacy systems with SAP BI & BobJ
- Ability to lead design sessions/workshops
- Must understand and demonstrate core Business Intelligence principles and methodologies
- Must have participated in at least 2 full successful life cycle Business Intelligence implementations / projects
- Must have a strong understanding of BI project methodology as well as strong understanding of all aspects of the BI implementation lifecycle
- Must have a good grasp of project and program management methods and tools
- Able to independently analyze requirements to architect, design, and build a comprehensive data warehouse infrastructure
- Strong core skills - excellent communication, organization and planning, customer facing and interpersonal
- Experience in a Small/Medium size businesses environment.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience required, preferably in a related field
Lanx is headquartered at the base of the Rockies in beautiful Broomfield, Colorado.
Our mission is to improve the quality of care for...